Ford Extended Warranty

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: There have been several discussions on Ford Extended Warranty on the '03 Cobra, and owners have talked about having bought it from Ford. I ordered ESP from Ford 2 weeks ago, and today Ford Sales called to say that they do not offer it on the Cobra. Has Ford withdrawn the plan for the Cobra, or what?

Redwing

Established Member
Maybe Canada is different. I bought the super delux extended warranty for 5 years or 100,000 miles. Not cheap, but peace of mind.
No problem getting it at all.
Steve

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
The person you talked to may have been misinformed, who knows. My suggestion is to talk to someone in the finance dept rather than sales since they're the ones who actually do the ESP paperwork. Also you might try calling it Premium care instead of ESP, not sure if it makes a difference but that's what my paperwork says.

IDAREU

Banned
I purchased a ford plan on Jan 15th, 2003.

7 year, 36k 0 ded $580 plus $150 fee because of the supercharger.

I really doubt that ford is not going to sell warranties on the Cobra, unless they know something about the shelf life of our motor.

Cheers !

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
I also purchased the extended warranty...It was like $1700 for the 6yr./60k..I've never heard of the 5yr/100k warranty before...Maybe they just figure you Canadians just don't know how to drive... J/K

Redwing

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrapete03'
I also purchased the extended warranty...It was like $1700 for the 6yr./60k..I've never heard of the 5yr/100k warranty before...Maybe they just figure you Canadians just don't know how to drive... J/K

EVERYTHING is slightly different here in Canada. some things are far better, like health care and women, and some things are far worse, like traffic control, politics and the weather. Other things are just ...different, like my warranty. I bought the 5yr/160,000 Kilometer (100,000 mile) Premium Care Warranty. It's almost (not quite) bumper to bumper, it SPECIFICALLY includes the supercharger, and cost $2300 CDN (approx $1500 US.)

Hey, don't flame me about the women: Take a look at Shania Twain!
Steve

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I got Ford to thow in the 7 year 75k for free due to my car being damaged on delivery. If you look at what is covered in the ESP booklet (should be able to find one at the service department) pretty much covers everything. It also states turbo and super charges are covered when factory installed. So those of you with the dealer telling you it is extra for a supercharged car they are flat out lieing to you.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Not worth the money in my opinion. A buddy of mine bought one with is SVT Contour. About a year ago one of his spark plugs went bad so he replaced them all for $30 instead of paying $50 for Ford to do it. A couple months ago a spark plug popped out of the cylinder head and took the threads with it. He took it in to a different Ford dealership. They told him they wouldn' t warranty it because it was not a factory plug and they whoever replaced it probably stripped the threads. I was with him when he replaced them. His dad owns a shop here in MD and we used a torque wrench and the Ford Workshop manual to get the correct torque specs. But because they didn't have the white paint on the tip, they assumed whoever replaced them stripped the heads. Even though his car ran for 25000 miles before it popped out. They told him they would not warranty the work. We had the original plugs. They didn't have the white on the tip either. He tried to displute it with Ford. They didn't really care. He spent $1100 for nothing.

I just don't think the extended warranty is worth paying for.

--Matt

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
If anyone belongs to a credit union check with them and find out if they have an extended warranty for intercontiential insurance.

It is a nationwide company. I had it on my 97 Cobra and they paid for everything from a/c to trans overhaul. I just checked with my credit union yesterday and i can buy a 7yr. 80,000 miles for $1,150 INCLUDING TAX AND NO DEDUCTABLE.

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Another thing to think about is if your gonna pay out for an extended warranty be careful how much and what kind of mods you do otherwise you are giving Ford carte blanche to mess with you on honoring that extended warranty

Cobra 2997

Established Member
Did anybody receive any additional info after they purchased their Ford Extended service Plan ?? All I have is the contract, I thought I would receive a warranty card in the mail or something ??

03cobra#116

Established Member
I bought the 7 year 100k warranty when I bought the car since the drivetrain is unproven.

Here is a website that lists options.

http://www.fordwarrantycentral.com/search_result.asp

The supercharger is covered, but I would be careful about mods.

After a few months, I requested documentation and was sent a copy of the contract which also happened to list my build date (6/7/2002).

eiblish

Established Member
Cobra extended warranty

:coolman: I have followed up on this subject with Ford. They state that they do NOT offer extended warranty on the Cobra. The warranties that owners are buying from dealers, according to Ford, are purchased through the various insurance companies who deal in extended warranties. I pointed out that many owners on the forums claim to have Ford extended warranties, but Ford say NOT. I am left scratching my head, and talking to my dealer about his warranty offer.

i8u

Established Member
Re: Cobra extended warranty

Originally posted by eiblish
:coolman: I have followed up on this subject with Ford. They state that they do NOT offer extended warranty on the Cobra. The warranties that owners are buying from dealers, according to Ford, are purchased through the various insurance companies who deal in extended warranties. I pointed out that many owners on the forums claim to have Ford extended warranties, but Ford say NOT. I am left scratching my head, and talking to my dealer about his warranty offer.

Ford does sell the extended warrenty. I bought the premium care esp 5 year 100k warrenty for around $1150. It shows up under the oasis.:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I got the 6 year, 60,000 mile extension as well. Bumper to bumper with no deductible. Should I want to sell the car before then the ESP will be valuable to the buyer. So I see it as cheap insurance either way.

Users who are viewing this thread