Ford Extended Warranty

Fuerza

Established Member
I'm looking to buy an Extended Warranty for my wife's 2013 Ford Edge. I'd like to support the Vendors on the board. Any recent feedback? Thanks.

oldmodman

Established Member
I had the Ford 7/70 warranty.
Did internet research as to pricing and printed out the price of the best offer and took it with me to the Ford Dealer when I bought the car.
They met the price, no problem. Even though they had cried about not being able to discount it at first. Then they dropped the price instantly when i showed them a lower price. Got it for a little over half of their starting price.
Never had to use it, AT ALL!
Imagine that, a totally reliable Ford. :p

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
yeah but it was cheap insurance for sure. When I bought my 2015 Escape they quoted me an outrageous price .. I hopped on my IPAD using THEIR internet .. looked up Ziegler's price showed it to them and while they didn't exactly match it they came close enough that I bought from them. part of the reason I spent the couple hundred extra is because they were very good to work with and had not tried to pressure me into doing anything I didn't want to do and hadn't tried to blow smoke up my ass at all. I showed my appreciation LOL

OP: go here http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com they are GENERALLY the cheapest around. I have not found anyone cheaper at least.

I had the Ford 7/70 warranty.
Did internet research as to pricing and printed out the price of the best offer and took it with me to the Ford Dealer when I bought the car.
They met the price, no problem. Even though they had cried about not being able to discount it at first. Then they dropped the price instantly when i showed them a lower price. Got it for a little over half of their starting price.
Never had to use it, AT ALL!
Imagine that, a totally reliable Ford. :p

Black2010

Established Member
We'll I feel a bit dumb now. I've tried to negotiate that before and never got a dealer to budge. It was always the, take it or leave it thing so I just never bought one. I'd love to have an extended warranty on my cars but the cost has always been the issue. I'll try this next time.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
depending on how old your car is it might be worth it to do it. go to one of these sites:

https://www.floodfordesp.com/about.php

http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com

punch in your numbers and see what you can get. they are generally the two cheapest ESPs around.

what part of round rock are you in ? I am over by the Dell Diamond

We'll I feel a bit dumb now. I've tried to negotiate that before and never got a dealer to budge. It was always the, take it or leave it thing so I just never bought one. I'd love to have an extended warranty on my cars but the cost has always been the issue. I'll try this next time.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I sell Ford and also Century extended warranties.

Ford's ESP is not a complete comprehensive warranty like some dealerships make it out to be.

95% of my warranties are done through Century because of price and also the coverage; and we sell a ton of them.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Does ford honor it? as in do all the paperwork so the customer doesn't have to? my experience with third party warranty and ford has not been pleasant .. as a matter of fact I do not know a single person who has been happy with dealing with ford and a third party warranty company

Ford's ESP is not a complete comprehensive warranty like some dealerships make it out to be.

95% of my warranties are done through Century because of price and also the coverage; and we sell a ton of them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does ford honor it? as in do all the paperwork so the customer doesn't have to? my experience with third party warranty and ford has not been pleasant .. as a matter of fact I do not know a single person who has been happy with dealing with ford and a third party warranty company

Never had an issue at all.

There are PLENTY of BS extended warranties out there.

Fuerza

Established Member
Appreciate the feedback Zeigler quoted $1330 for 2 more years and 36k more miles. We have 55k miles currently and my wife drives, a lot.

My reasoning for looking at a Ford ESP is that we go to the dealership for everything. And it's my wife's car. She isn't going to want to call a 3rd party warranty for coverage.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Appreciate the feedback Zeigler quoted $1330 for 2 more years and 36k more miles. We have 55k miles currently and my wife drives, a lot.

My reasoning for looking at a Ford ESP is that we go to the dealership for everything. And it's my wife's car. She isn't going to want to call a 3rd party warranty for coverage.

I sell cars to people all over the country. (3 trucks went to Texas this past week). A customer has never complained about having to call a third party warranty company. Keep your contract with you and the dealership gets everything handled. A lot of the time the dealership will make more money off of the warranty company than they would you anyways.

Black2010

Established Member
depending on how old your car is it might be worth it to do it. go to one of these sites:

https://www.floodfordesp.com/about.php

http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com

punch in your numbers and see what you can get. they are generally the two cheapest ESPs around.

what part of round rock are you in ? I am over by the Dell Diamond

My newest ford is our 2010 GT. I did my own conversion to the Roush 427 so I don't think Ford would touch it since it's not a certified Roush and I did all the mods. I need to look into this on my wife's Durango though as it's a stock 2015 RT.

I'm also by the Dell Diamond. Just north of the little league fields. Pretty sure I saw your car at Home Depot a week or so ago unless there are three mystichrome verts running around RR.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
nope that was me .. lol There used to be two of us with mystichrome certs ... but the other guy sold his out of the area IIRC so if you have one .. there are still only two. I live in Ryan's crossing .. and now hate the dell diamond. it seems they have quit shooting off the really high fireworks at friday home games ... I used to get quite the show lol

My newest ford is our 2010 GT. I did my own conversion to the Roush 427 so I don't think Ford would touch it since it's not a certified Roush and I did all the mods. I need to look into this on my wife's Durango though as it's a stock 2015 RT.

I'm also by the Dell Diamond. Just north of the little league fields. Pretty sure I saw your car at Home Depot a week or so ago unless there are three mystichrome verts running around RR.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

How does it compare with a premium care ford esp warranty?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How does it compare with a premium care ford esp warranty?

It encompasses more that the Ford Premium Care.

I know you live North of the border...I'm not sure if it's honored out of the country (U.S.A.) or not.

I've sold a few vehicles to Canada but I always tell the buyers to get Ford's ESP because I know they'll accept it with no questions.

Users who are viewing this thread