Ford Escape vs RAV4 bs CX5

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Keep in mind the Rav4 is the only small SUV that comes standard with pre-collision with pedestrian detection, lane departure steering assist, dynamic cruise control, and auto high beams, if that stuff is important to you. Also might want to look at the Rav4 hybrid for more mpg and much better acceleration. You also get two years or 25k miles of free maintenance, another thing the competitors lack. The Rav4 is an IIHS top safety pick + while the Escape is not. The 2017 CX5 I'm not sure about, but the old model was so I'm sure this one will be.

slowtealz28

Established Member
The hybrid isn't worth the extra tenth 0-60. I would be all in on the se 2.0 at 24k. And I am aware of the crash ratings and safety features on the rav. They have a used 2017xle on the lot with 1k miles and the internet price of 21 or 22k. Sticker on that is like 28500. Still undecided

slowtealz28

Established Member
Keep in mind the Rav4 is the only small SUV that comes standard with pre-collision with pedestrian detection, lane departure steering assist, dynamic cruise control, and auto high beams, if that stuff is important to you. Also might want to look at the Rav4 hybrid for more mpg and much better acceleration. You also get two years or 25k miles of free maintenance, another thing the competitors lack. The Rav4 is an IIHS top safety pick + while the Escape is not. The 2017 CX5 I'm not sure about, but the old model was so I'm sure this one will be.

The dealership I went to adds in their "maintenance package" additional two years of oil changes and tire rotations for $700. Seems quite a bit expensive for me to justify, would likely tell them to get rid of that

Users who are viewing this thread