Ford dealers must set no-haggle prices, invest up to $1.2 million to keep selling EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
So... the guberment got the manufacturers to help jam evs down everyone's throats by eliminating any dealers that won't drink the cool aid.

What we need here is an act of God

No, they're gonna jam them down your throat by having the EPA set ICE mileage requirements that are impossible to meet, like the EU. The automakers see the writing on the wall and are reacting. Facts, logic and reason mean NOTHING to the Greens, they don't want you driving ANYTHING!

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I am not doubting just wondering why not? And who would file a suit that would have standing?

Someone that’s an actual lawyer would be more educated on the actual Precedence/Case Law.

Id imagine it would be like trying to ban a horse.

Freedom of Travel?

I can’t see how someone that cannot afford an EV wouldn’t have standing if Cali tried to ban their mode of transportation.

At some point Cali has to break… idk if their EV bullshit will be that point but it’s gotta happen.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone that’s an actual lawyer would be more educated on the actual Precedence/Case Law.

Id imagine it would be like trying to ban a horse.

Freedom of Travel?

I can’t see how someone that cannot afford an EV wouldn’t have standing if Cali tried to ban their mode of transportation.

At some point Cali has to break… idk if their EV bullshit will be that point but it’s gotta happen.
I think it is all bullshit, but the government just kept many people out of work for some time. If the climate is going to kill us, I don’t think they will sweat taking away a preferred mode of transportation.

Tezz500

Established Member
I think it is all bullshit, but the government just kept many people out of work for some time. If the climate is going to kill us, I don’t think they will sweat taking away a preferred mode of transportation.

Remember them trying to force people to take the jab?

Got shot down.

I imagine this will be similar.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

Got shot down.

That’s a good point, but how many were jabbed by the time it was shot down? Problem here is I don’t know of a company that is/will fight any of this. It will just be something that isn’t made anymore.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm picturing dealerships turning into used car lots with just an order desk for new. Service Department will be only as big as the manufacturer dictates. As is it will be 2050 before you get most of the vehicles on the road EVs. What is really going to get people out of their private cars is when they go to trade in their EV and the dealer rates the battery at 60% and won't give them shit for trade in. Not many middle-class can afford a new car without the trade in making a down payment.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
You don’t have to ban the ICE, just don’t allow new gas stations to be built and don’t allow existing ones to renovate. Tax the property so high that no dealer could afford to keep the property.

Tezz500

Established Member
That’s a good point, but how many were jabbed by the time it was shot down? Problem here is I don’t know of a company that is/will fight any of this. It will just be something that isn’t made anymore.

Still 49 other states that aren’t banning ICE vehicles.

I honestly don’t see EV demand from the customers going beyond 10% of the overall market in the next 10 years.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

I honestly don’t see EV demand from the customers going beyond 10% of the overall market in the next 10 years.
I don’t either. Unless that’s the only choice. Government force may push it beyond that but at some point there just isn’t enough power. Will be good for the ice repair/rebuild industry….

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

That and I laugh every time I see that whole 250 to 350 mile range, that is only possible if you do not roll down the windows, use the A/C and heat and is at a stable 55 to 68 degrees on the outside temp. As anything more or less batters that range down to barely 200 miles to 225 tops again this whole pipe dream is just that a pipe dream as guess what plastic is made out of as the cornerstone of it's makeup?

That's right retards oil that so called dirty fossil fuel you think you are just up and going to get rid of by going hard core EV insanity. Over 60% of an EV vehicle is made out of plastic so again enjoy your hell you are creating and thinking you are doing so much for the planet. How I hate everyone that is a green moron on all of this.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
That and I laugh every time I see that whole 250 to 350 mile range, that is only possible if you do not roll down the windows, use the A/C and heat and is at a stable 55 to 68 degrees on the outside temp. As anything more or less batters that range down to barely 200 miles to 225 tops again this whole pipe dream is just that a pipe dream as guess what plastic is made out of as the cornerstone of it's makeup?

That's right retards oil that so called dirty fossil fuel you think you are just up and going to get rid of by going hard core EV insanity. Over 60% of an EV vehicle is made out of plastic so again enjoy your hell you are creating and thinking you are doing so much for the planet. How I hate everyone that is a green moron on all of this.
Lmao. It’s like the plastic bags at the grocery that are holding a shit ton more plastic containers. But getting rid of the tissue thin bag is going to make a difference… lmao

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So... the guberment got the manufacturers to help jam evs down everyone's throats by eliminating any dealers that won't drink the cool aid.

What we need here is an act of God
I can't help but think of this scenario. So right now the percentage of consumers who own an EV is very low. The government wants to to push/force the death of the ICE and launch full speed to 100% green. So Ford/GM and others, in the not too distant future, announce they are ceasing production of ICE vehicles within two/three years. Leading up to that, they've eliminated a lot of the dealerships who aren't on board, clearing the way for all EV. Suddenly, the consumer who wants to buy a new vehicle has no choice but to buy an EV. A forced scenario like that (think about all of the dealerships who will have sold out to Ford/GM) is exactly what a blue (green) government wants. And I really have this feeling that if the predicted growth of Progressives (hell, they're now considering AOC to make a run for President in 2024!) makes big gains in power, the doomsday end of the ICE will be much sooner than we expect/think. JMO.

What we need here is an act of God.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Got shot down.

But didn't a majority of the country actually take the jab? Look at all of the people out there still wearing masks and still social distancing. The government accomplished what they set out to do. It's all about control.

02reaper

Established Member
Appears that whatever you sign up for is contracted through 2026, then in 2027 you can re-up to whatever level you want.

The curious part for me, is if there is going to be a limit of how many EVs I can sell per year...don't you think before signing up to spend $500k-1.2mil I'd want to know how many they're going to allow me to sell? haha
I would think they are going to have to really up their production to make it worth it for a dealer to sell ev's, unlike currently where they are producing such low numbers and trickling into the dealers vs what's on order.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would think they are going to have to really up their production to make it worth it for a dealer to sell ev's, unlike currently where they are producing such low numbers and trickling into the dealers vs what's on order.

You'd sure think so.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No, they're gonna jam them down your throat by having the EPA set ICE mileage requirements that are impossible to meet, like the EU. The automakers see the writing on the wall and are reacting. Facts, logic and reason mean NOTHING to the Greens, they don't want you driving ANYTHING!

Auto makers should've banded together and told the government to **** itself decades ago. Now it's too late and they're pushed into a corner. EV is going to be a battle down to the bottom of the bucket where they all think each could be last mfgr standing to take it all, but it's a zero sum game bc the endgame is no more personal transportation.

mariusvt

Established Member
To make that 60k+ ev affordable for the masses, they'll just roll out 15 year car mortgages won't even call them loans anymore. it's a mortgage which is an investment in your future /sarcasm. Don't worry that it's longer than the useful life of the battery, we'll have 60month battery loans to cover that charge.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
To make that 60k+ ev affordable for the masses, they'll just roll out 15 year car mortgages won't even call them loans anymore. it's a mortgage which is an investment in your future /sarcasm. Don't worry that it's longer than the useful life of the battery, we'll have 60month battery loans to cover that charge.
Remember "Cash for Clunkers", we'll see a "Cash for Polluters(ICE)". Government will offer enough incentive to make buying an EV seem like a deal.

Just as they did with the clunkers, they'll destroy whatever they get in on the deal.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Remember "Cash for Clunkers", we'll see a "Cash for Polluters(ICE)". Government will offer enough incentive to make buying an EV seem like a deal.

Just as they did with the clunkers, they'll destroy whatever they get in on the deal.

Absolutely. Which European country was giving $5k to people who traded/sold their cars for bicycles?

Tezz500

Established Member
But didn't a majority of the country actually take the jab? Look at all of the people out there still wearing masks and still social distancing. The government accomplished what they set out to do. It's all about control.

Those unwilling to compromise their principles will save us on this as well.

Thank your Local Pure Bloods folks.

Users who are viewing this thread