Ford dealer wants my Cobra back?

Rochard

Established Member
Yesterday I got a call from the Ford dealership I purchased my Cobra from. They told me that they want to buy it back from me.

They told me that they don't have any used Mustangs on the lot and they are trying to buy back any used Mustangs they can get their hands on.

Anyone else gotten any calls like this?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
yeah my wife got that call on her old 02 Jetta, and her current 04 Volvo S60...and i recieved the very same call on my 06 Explorer 4x4

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
They don't really need your car or even Mustangs in particular. It's just another way to try to sell cars, they're a business.

Last edited:

Evan5469

Established Member
My dad got a call like that once. At the time he was actually thinking of selling his car too so he took it just to see what they'd offer him. Take my word for it, it's a waste of your time.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Our local dealer did that to me about 5 years ago. They put it in writing and told me I could trade my 2000 F-150 for what I financed it for when I bought it. Then they went on to fill out the paper saying I would owe $0.00 on a brand new 2004 since the coal companies wanted the older style for their job sites. I took the letter with me and went to trade. I did not show the letter until He tried to tell me the 2004 F-150 I was looking at was going to cost me $31,000.00 before taxes on a $33,000.00 sticker price. I laughed and said nope write it up for just the taxes, title and license. He went ballistic and told me I had made up the letter. I said how could I when it was printed and hand written on preprinted letter head. He said he wanted the letter and that it was no good. I told him he could make a copy but he could not have the original. After he started calling me words I left. I called the owner of the dealership that I know personally and faxed him the letter. He had his lawyer review it and they told him I could pick any new F-150 on the lot and owe nothing. Since my parents had known the man and his family up until my dad passed away in 1986 I told him just to make sure that he told his employees not to do that any more. And I did not want his truck for nothing as I would end up with the wrong end of the stick on the deal. The saleman ended up having to apologize because of the rough way to go he gave me.

As one salesman said that works there still to this day. They will tell you anything to get you in the door just to SELL you a new vehicle.

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
yup, its the real deal. and its full of crap. they just want to get you on the lot to try and get you to trade your car for something else. i called and asked when i got one for one of our mazdas a few years back. its just a sales tactic. nothing more.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
its a stupid ploy to get you to come in. thats all it is. most dealers do it. its just a way of trying to generate more traffic in the showroom.

another classic one, "wow, i've got a customer lookin for a (insert your car), since your car is so high demand, i could give you a great deal on a new or used car of your choice, plus a good trade allowance!" :rollseyes

oldmodman

Established Member
Had a call like that once.

I told them that my particular car would be a collectible some day and I would sell it to them for MSRP + 10K.

For some reason I never heard from them again:banana:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I've had them call for my cuz's 03 vert and my dad's 03 coupe. Both saying customer X is looking for a car like yours and are willing to more than want it was bought for:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread