Ford at $5.99 a share today! (article)

misterb

Established Member
It is official. The government can only go so far to change the rules of the game.

Attempts to save two of the Big 3 automakers from bankruptcy are unraveling with news that certain Chrysler bondholders are resisting efforts to restructure the company. Without that support, the company headed to bankruptcy court.

That doesn't mean the end of Chrysler, but the move will have a huge impact on the industry and does not bode well for fellow maker General Motors (GM). The good news for investors is that Ford (F) will emerge the big winner and is a great buy.

What Chrysler means to you

The problem is that the government is trying to negotiate a deal that does not fairly compensate bondholders for risks they took when they originally invested. The deals on the table do not go far enough in providing equity stakes to those with the highest claims on company assets, the bondholders.

This outcome should come as no surprise to anyone. If I was a bondholder, I would be fighting tooth and nail for a priority claim on the assets of the company. If indeed the company is planning on emerging from bankruptcy, I want to own it.

It is all rather plain and simple. Unfortunately the government, in bailout mode, feels differently.

This mess has been a waste of time and money. The automakers that have been struggling since the beginning. Politics got in the way of capitalism, and that is never a good thing.

I’m not suggesting that there should be no role for the government. In the case of the financial crisis, government intervention was truly the only option to prevent Armageddon. Allowing one or two automakers to restructure in bankruptcy did not come close to meeting that level of crisis.

We were all duped, and now government loans appear to be at risk. In fact, one could argue that the intervention has only complicated matters and extended the time it will take to sort everything out.

The big winner is Ford

That bodes well for Ford. Given that GM is likely to follow Chrysler into bankruptcy, Ford will absolutely be the big winner in all of this. The U.S. automaker that isn't broke now also has a huge competitive advantage. And you can bet it will take advantage.

Don’t listen to the noise about dominos falling here. It is not going to happen. What will happen is that we will have three automakers that ultimately survive, but in far different shape and form.

Ford will be at the top of that food chain and should be owned by those wanting exposure to this volatile and risky industry. I rate Ford a B or buy.

At the time of publication, Louis Navellier held a position in Ford.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm a little disappointed because I really wanted to get in on Ford stock before it rose but I just didn't have the money and now I think it's too late.:(

I'm glad to hear they are doing so well and are on the rise though.:rockon: Just think about what just public perception alone could do for just their truck sales. If the public loses confidence in GM and Chrysler products which many will then that could mean a big shift to Ford products.

Last edited:

Black10thSVT

Established Member
I bought a buch of shares when they didnt take the bail out money. It was 1.60 share. Its more than doubled the my investment. Not bad for penny stock. I just wish I would have bought a couple hundred more shares.

mvr

Established Member
we were talking about fords stocks today at work. someone said they wanted to buy $1000 worth of ford when they were at like a dollar for a stock. he was pissed when he found out it was over $5 a share now.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
<.........................also kicking himself for not buying at 2 bucks or below but is kinda happy he bought 900 shares at 5.34

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
Haha, at 1.60 it was a sell, now that I'm up 200+ % the "experts" rate it a buy. Thanks, jack ass. Please tell me they don't get paid for that shit.

Still more upside, but timing buy in is smart for those that missed the train. If only I would have put all my dough in F stock instead of my GT500, I would have a Ford GT right now. :banana: :cryying:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Don't worry. Expect profit taking on Ford stock soon, and you should be able to pick up for well under $5 a share.

time to sell.

time to short stock, as well. The peak is artificial, it wont last long.

+1 I took my profits @ ~$5.25ish.

IMO, the stock will pull back. Hell, the whole market is due for a nice retraction. April was the best month for the market in 9 years. Everyone who wants to get back in will have their chance. Maybe not at $2 a though. This is a total bear market rally and won't last.

The summer months are usually pretty boring anyway for stocks.

Keep an eye on BoA (BAC). Their CEO just lost his Chairmanship, which is essentially a vote of no confidence for their aquisition of Merrill and Countrywide. The gov't stress test is going to show they still need lots of additional capital.

He'll eventually step down, so look for this stock to bouce back in a really big way. I'll target to buy in the $5-6 range, with a price target of ~$20.

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
You want to be cautious when you're buying Ford stock. Now that Chrysler is in bankruptcy and GM will probably follow suit - when the emerge from bankruptcy, maybe 6 months or so from now, they may have a big competitive advantage over Ford as far as costs go. Chrysler may shut down permanently 5-6 plants and GM at least 3 more than previously announced. And keep in mind the UAW has given Chrysler many concessions and may do the same for GM - but has "not" granted the same concessions to Ford. And Chrysler and GM are operating under govt funding, whereas Ford is still paying it's own way out of it's accounts. Time will tell, but with lower labor costs and govt funding at GM and Chrysler, it would seem that Ford could find itself costwise hurting compared to Chrysler and GM in the long run.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You want to be cautious when you're buying Ford stock. Now that Chrysler is in bankruptcy and GM will probably follow suit - when the emerge from bankruptcy, maybe 6 months or so from now, they may have a big competitive advantage over Ford as far as costs go. Chrysler may shut down permanently 5-6 plants and GM at least 3 more than previously announced. And keep in mind the UAW has given Chrysler many concessions and may do the same for GM - but has "not" granted the same concessions to Ford. And Chrysler and GM are operating under govt funding, whereas Ford is still paying it's own way out of it's accounts. Time will tell, but with lower labor costs and govt funding at GM and Chrysler, it would seem that Ford could find itself costwise hurting compared to Chrysler and GM in the long run.

+1

One good thing that may come from Bankrupcy is they will emerge with LOTS of debt wiped out, along with more significant Union concessions. Ford mortgaged everything, so they need to pay all that back eventually. Ch 11 will most likely wipe out most of ChyCo and GM's debt.

Ford will want all the same union give backs, but it may be more difficult to get, since Ford is in better financial shape.

CDep55

Established Member

Very good point, i still believe they have much better management, which is why they are not BK. Even if they do become stronger in the long run ford stock will probably makes it way to at least $12 a share. But if GM and Chrysler come out strong they will be higher.

Which comes to a next thought, GM will probably do the same as chrysler and go BK. After that I plan to look into buying GM stock. Anyone have any knowledge on this? I know if i buy now it will be dilluted. But what about after the new shares are released? Chrylser is not publicly traded, so can't learn from watching that. Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread