Ford 5.3 big bore stroker

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I got mine for about $1k a few years ago, I think they're around $1500-1600 now. He may be referring to the shortblock setup.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I got mine for about $1k a few years ago, I think they're around $1500-1600 now. He may be referring to the shortblock setup.

Correct, they are $1,600 and need to be completely machined. It is also heavier then the factory block.

Factory block is free and won't need as much work.

Aluminum is $400-$800 used and saves 70lbs

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Ok gotcha. When my teksid block failed, I was able to get this block cheap and just went with an all new build. Doing it over again I would just go with the freshest teksid or newer WAP block I could find and run with it.

Chris Noell

#jst_a01
Established Member
I went with a fully built FRPP Boss Big Bore stroked to 5.3. I would expect it to put out more then 350-400 NA or at least I hope so.

bigdog8b

Established Member
I looked thru the posts and didn't that anyone has put this stroker in their cobra, paired with a 2.3 or 2.9 whipple or other blower. That's what I would like to do, surprises me no one has yet, I believe this block setup will easily support 1000+rwhp or more. Why wouldn't it?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I looked thru the posts and didn't that anyone has put this stroker in their cobra, paired with a 2.3 or 2.9 whipple or other blower. That's what I would like to do, surprises me no one has yet, I believe this block setup will easily support 1000+rwhp or more. Why wouldn't it?

I think everyone agrees it will take +1kwhp, the problem is, so will a Teksid. The aluminum blocks are well over 100lbs lighter and are significantly cheaper. So what you are gaining is 900cc of displacement, is the cost (weight + dollars) worth it?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I went with a fully built FRPP Boss Big Bore stroked to 5.3. I would expect it to put out more then 350-400 NA or at least I hope so.

Like everything it depends on the build. The power mine made N/A was still with the stock 01 intake and was built for boost. I knew of a 3V set up that was low to mid 400's, but his was made for N/A and E85. High compression, better cams, ported heads, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread