Ford 5.0L Modular Forged Piston/ H-Beam Rod Combination for 2011 Mustang GT

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
New Product Release

Ford 5.0L Modular Forged Piston/ H-Beam Rod Combination for 2011 Mustang GT

2500 South Gulley Road
Dearborn Heights, MI 48125

Phone: (313) 561-5500

Do you own a 2011 Mustang GT and want to make serious power, but worry about the factory internals? Look no further! Livernois Motorsports is proud to introduce our exclusive Ford 5.0L Modular Forged Piston/ H-Beam Rod Combination.

Piston Specs:

• Custom design crown configuration for new 5.0 style heads
  • Increased top and second fireland thickness .300+ Top, .200 +2nd
  • Standard 1.5mm, 1.5mm, 3.0mm ring package heights with steel top ring
  • Fully coated crowns and skirts
  • Integrated notches allow use of factory oil sprayer
  • Revised oil control/drainback slots work with factory oil spray system and oil control ring
  • Inner pin boss designed around Manley H-Beam style rod
  • Full pin oiling
  • Radiused valve pockets
  • High Compression version (11.5-1)
  • Low Compression version (10.0-1)
  • Livernois Exclusive 2.0 skirt profile (This encompasses many changes, revised shape of skirt, revised sizing and fit points on skirt) Improved design for better wear and durability while also allowing for increased stability.

Rod Specs:

• Livernois/Manley H-Beam rods manufactured from 4340 forgings
  • Heat treated, stress relieved, shot peened and magnafluxed
  • Weight matched sets + 1.5 grams
  • 3/8” ARP 2000 bolts
  • Includes Coated Rod Bearings

Retail $1,499.99

For more information please visit New - Livernois Motorsports - Home or call (313) 561-5500.

Dealer inquiries are welcome!

pistonhigh1.jpg

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

ViciousJay

Established Member
jeez i know the 2011 is new and all but hot damn 1500 for piston and rods? ouch.... looks like a sweet product but ill wait 4-5 years and watch the price tone down a bit

jleews6

Established Member
I see lots of 8 and 900 HP 5.0s in our future because a stock motor with this rod/piston setup should make 800 plus hp at 17 to 18 pounds.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Thanks for the replies!

jeez i know the 2011 is new and all but hot damn 1500 for piston and rods? ouch.... looks like a sweet product but ill wait 4-5 years and watch the price tone down a bit

The price isn't much different than it would cost for any other mod motor. Our 3V assembly with the crank is $2,299.99 and is our best selling rotating assembly to date by far.

-Rick

ViciousJay

Established Member
Thanks for the replies!

The price isn't much different than it would cost for any other mod motor. Our 3V assembly with the crank is $2,299.99 and is our best selling rotating assembly to date by far.

-Rick

yea but that has a crank too, so figure the crank is the most expensive piece. Its a great looking product but ill have to wait a few years

AmnDucky

Established Member
How hard are these motors to tear down? Any specialized one-time-only tools or oddities about the motor?

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I spent over $1k on just rods and pistons for my last 363 build. Considering the car has been out for a couple months and has little to no demand RIGHT now $1500 to cover R&D, machining, and overhead it is not out of line at all. There will be lower quality pieces coming out from other companies, wait for those if you want. 99.9% of people will never have to bite the bullet and pay that price anyways. One thing is you'll get high quality pieces and support with Livernois. Just my .02.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I spent over $1k on just rods and pistons for my last 363 build. Considering the car has been out for a couple months and has little to no demand RIGHT now $1500 to cover R&D, machining, and overhead it is not out of line at all. There will be lower quality pieces coming out from other companies, wait for those if you want. 99.9% of people will never have to bite the bullet and pay that price anyways. One thing is you'll get high quality pieces and support with Livernois. Just my .02.

nose a little brown? :lol1:

i know Livernois is a good shop but ill wait for a set of Manley's

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Those are Manley's, that's who produces their parts. You have to remember, you are also getting coated skirts and crown on the pistons (not cheap) and coated bearings. I think for what they are offering, the price is decent.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Those are Manley's, that's who produces their parts. You have to remember, you are also getting coated skirts and crown on the pistons (not cheap) and coated bearings. I think for what they are offering, the price is decent.

Especially when you consider the economies of scale present here.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Thanks for the replies!

-Rick

Whats the installed price RICK ?

How much power can u estimate it can handle on stock drivetrain ?

I was considering a 2011 GT with ur pistons & rods with a 150 horse system

I love my 03 Mach u guys Tuned & Sprayed. Still running great on the 100 horse system and u guys are still Best in the Business. I wish u werent 4 hours away from Niles, MI

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
I think thats a fair price. Nearly what I spent for the rods and coated pistons for my L.

This may be a silly question but will these work in the v6? If not are you developing anything for them?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
who ever buys this combo has GOT to take advantage of those amazing heads and rev this thing to 8,000+! beautiful looking pieces guys, can't wait to see what people do with them!
I think thats a fair price. Nearly what I spent for the rods and coated pistons for my L.

This may be a silly question but will these work in the v6? If not are you developing anything for them?
the bore sizes are nearly identical IIRC, but i'm not sure if the pin locations are much different. longer stroke on the 5.0l, though ford has said that the cyclone V6 is capable of being bored/stroked out to 4.0l. this combo might work with a new crank, but that's purely speculative.

chrisheltra

Established Member
who ever buys this combo has GOT to take advantage of those amazing heads and rev this thing to 8,000+! beautiful looking pieces guys, can't wait to see what people do with them!

the bore sizes are nearly identical IIRC, but i'm not sure if the pin locations are much different. longer stroke on the 5.0l, though ford has said that the cyclone V6 is capable of being bored/stroked out to 4.0l. this combo might work with a new crank, but that's purely speculative.

It would make sense to me for ford to use the same rods and piston in the v6 as the v8 in order to save money but I could be way wrong on that assumption.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Hey Rick...

Will the piston/rod change require a balance like the modular engine

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
those rods are gonna weigh in the 615 gram range. they will require balancing.

Users who are viewing this thread