Ford 100th Anniversary

BRIMSTONE

I would prefer to have the car transported so I can fly out there. That way when the party is over I am home in a few hours. Plus if I'm travelling by myself the drive there and back could get exhausting, I've done it before. I would only consider driving out there if we get a group to caravan together.

Kevin had suggested a good transporter company before, but it would help if someone up there could take delivery of the car for me.

Mike

Last edited:

Garlin

Established Member
Mike,
Let me know if you want me to take delivery. I'm work at Ford World Headquarters here in Dearborn. If that helps.

Gary

BRIMSTONE

Gary,

That would be great. Now I need to call a good enclosed transport company to get an idea of how much it's gonna cost.

Thanks,
Mike

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I would STRONGLY suggest trying to hook up with a few other people and rent out the whole transporter as I believe the cost would be reduced greatly.

Gagne, what was the name of the company that transported your R? They did a great job and I believe you would recommend them!

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I've used a few:

White Glove Transport 888-757-1060

Horseless Carriage Carriers 800-631-7796

carmoves.com (discount for online quote)

Horseless Carriage is all enclosed, and probably the most expensive, but very careful and reliable....White Glove is also very careful and reliable....carmoves offers open or closed transport....

BRIMSTONE

I've checked with Passport Transport (recommended by Kevin) and they are charging around $3000 to transport the car round trip (enclosed). I will check with the other enclosed transporters too. How many cars will they fit in the enclosed ones?

I've already registered for the event. How far in advance should we reserve a room at the Hyatt?

Thanks,
Mike

UKCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
Gary,

That would be great. Now I need to call a good enclosed transport company to get an idea of how much it's gonna cost.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I looked at getting a quote to ship the car back from Chicago, and
found the costs quite high.

I would love to goto the event, but distance and cost are going to be a major factor.

If transportation costs can be shared then I think I may be able to swing it.

Drop me a line if you get any prices.

Mark

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I have used Intercity Lines twice to ship cars, and they are top notch, all enclosed trailers, professional drivers, fully insured, and very reasonably priced. They are based here in Mass., but obviously cover coast to coast. Getting a group together would be the way to go, I've seen this done many times for SAAC conventions at Lime Rock, get a group together and split the cost.

BRIMSTONE

I agree splitting the cost would make this trip more feasible.

Mark, I will call around and see what kind of deals we can get if we share a transporter.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread