Votes: 40 76.9%
  • Yes, if I lose my job and my freedom

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Have gotten a flu shot last 30+ years. Had the real deal flu when the shot was a bad match, give me the combo flu/covid shot.

FJohnny

Established Member
That's assuming everyone gets COVID, though. And, well, no.

Still yet, the *potential* death of 3.5M doesn't trump the rights of the other ~325M people. My rights don't end where Karen's fear begins, sorry.

Viruses are funny things, though. They hang around in nature until they find a viable host to grow in. If there are enough hosts available you get what we see today. So, without a vaccine or therapeutic success, the mortality rate may well work its way through the overall group. Pretty well everyone by middle age will have contracted one or more common colds or flus. Why? Because we have never developed a vaccine that covers the variations. But many diseases have been virtually eliminated through vaccines as long as enough (not necessarily all) get the shot. Hoping that happens for COVID.

I fully respect your rights and leave it to you to decide your course of action. I would never confront you should you, for example, not wear a mask in a store. You do you. I am all for personal freedoms whether I agree with them or not.

I guess I look at it like this; I have the right to not hold open a door for a pregnant gal clutching a toddler or an old lady slowly pushing her walker. But damn it, I'm going to do it anyway. Why? Because it costs me almost nothing in time or money and it just might make someone else's life a little easier. To me the mask and vaccine (properly tested) is a similar issue. So, just like I respect your right to not get a vaccine or wear a mask I would hope you would accept someone who chooses to do it for whatever reason they feel is meaningful for them.

Have a great weekend.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Viruses are funny things, though. They hang around in nature until they find a viable host to grow in. If there are enough hosts available you get what we see today. So, without a vaccine or therapeutic success, the mortality rate may well work its way through the overall group. Pretty well everyone by middle age will have contracted one or more common colds or flus. Why? Because we have never developed a vaccine that covers the variations. But many diseases have been virtually eliminated through vaccines as long as enough (not necessarily all) get the shot. Hoping that happens for COVID.

I fully respect your rights and leave it to you to decide your course of action. I would never confront you should you, for example, not wear a mask in a store. You do you. I am all for personal freedoms whether I agree with them or not.

I guess I look at it like this; I have the right to not hold open a door for a pregnant gal clutching a toddler or an old lady slowly pushing her walker. But damn it, I'm going to do it anyway. Why? Because it costs me almost nothing in time or money and it just might make someone else's life a little easier. To me the mask and vaccine (properly tested) is a similar issue. So, just like I respect your right to not get a vaccine or wear a mask I would hope you would accept someone who chooses to do it for whatever reason they feel is meaningful for them.

Have a great weekend.

I absolutely support someone being able to and wanting to wear a mask, take a vaccine, etc. Same as I support someone holding a door, using common manners, etc. But like you, when those things do or don't happen, it's of little ultimate concern to me and I move about my day. Do remember, though, this thread is about the mass hysteria of the government forcing vaccinations on people, not people's freewill being left to make the decision for them. ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, that's the gist of the thread. We should not be forced to take a vaccine, especially when it has not been widely tested and confirmed to be 100% safe. My wife and I will not be guinea pigs. My daughter and her girls (two are 3rd year nursing students) refuse to be forced as well. Many are believing everything the MSM is reporting and that produced a hysteria driven response to comply with everything and anything the government mandates.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
The vaccine debate really is interesting to me... I never get a flu shot. NEVER.

Baby was born, I got the flu shot, Whooping cough shot... not for me... for my kid.

So, I wonder... if there was this evil strange Gubment conspiracy regarding vaccines, wouldn’t they just use the Whooping cough vaccine? You get it, the wife gets it every time she gets pregnant so it passes on to the baby....

Listen, I’m all for skepticism of government.... But don’t be like those morons in New York that had a MEASLES OUTBREAK because they refused to vaccinate their crotch goblins....

With that said, I see Covid19 as no more dangerous than the flu. So I would probably wait to see if the vaccine turns everyone in to vampire potbelly goblins before introducing it to my family.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Got flu shots for 20 years in the Navy, out of the 20, ( 1 ) put me in sick bay for two days.
...............I haven't gotten a flu shot since I retired in 1989.
The VA asks me every year if I want a flu shot & I decline,...........haven't gotten the flu !
Going to the VA hospital in Oct., will ask if they want to test me for COVID19.........( PCR test )
If they test me & based on the test results, I will make a decision.
I can't see how anyone can make an informed decision until they're tested..

VegasMichael

Established Member
I've had the full blown flu twice in the past 25 years(1996 and 1999). After the second time in 1999 I've gotten a flu shot every year but for one. I would get the covid-19 vaccine only after its efficacy had been established. I was VERY sick for 6 weeks in March and April of this year and lost 15 pounds. I had a fever for 9 days straight(101-102 degrees) before I went to the doctor. Had a horrific cough with phlegm, aches/pains, shortness of breath, a rash on my chest and abdomen, and the most unbelievable fatigue I've ever experienced. I could not make it up a flight of steps without taking a knee at the top. Getting dressed left me exhausted and I would stumble over to the couch and collapse. The doc said it was asthmatic bacterial bronchitis. I'm not disagreeing with him but I think I also might have had covid along with it as well. I've had bronchitis before and I usually start to get better after the fourth day or so. Not this time. So since I seem to have a history of respiratory illnesses I would get a covid vaccination.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I would not get the vaccine because every time I have received the flu shot I wound up getting sick from it. This past year my wife and kids got the flu shot and they all got the flu, I did not even with them being sick in the house with me. The biggest worry I have is that they will make it mandatory for people to get just like they mandated masks. You won't be able to go out to the stores or do any other social activities without the vaccine. They are already saying it would be patriotic of you to get one. People are going full Ken and Karen on the mask ordeal I can only imagine what these psychos will do when the vaccine comes out.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
It did occur to me that after 20 years active duty, & being shot with everything known to mankind, maybe my body is no longer a suitable home for COVID19 !!

Samsies...only i did 12

Ive gotten the flu shot every year becsuse im forced by my employer, i gotten the flu twice in the last 20 years, last time was few years ago, i still went to work though.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Nope will not get the vaccine just like I refuse to wear a mask, I'm not scared of this bs chinavirus.

quad

Established Member
I would not get the vaccine because every time I have received the flu shot I wound up getting sick from it. This past year my wife and kids got the flu shot and they all got the flu, I did not even with them being sick in the house with me. The biggest worry I have is that they will make it mandatory for people to get just like they mandated masks. You won't be able to go out to the stores or do any other social activities without the vaccine. They are already saying it would be patriotic of you to get one. People are going full Ken and Karen on the mask ordeal I can only imagine what these psychos will do when the vaccine comes out.
Same here. I've gotten sick a few times after my wife was forced to get a flu shot. Same for her. We both got a bad case of flu in 2018 after she had her shot. Real bad. I ended up losing 15 pounds because I did not want to eat anything but bananas and drink water while I had the flu. And I know it was a case of flu because I went to an emergency center and they confirmed it after taking a swab.

Users who are viewing this thread