for you hellion guys

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
what size is your hot side piping, the pipes to the manifolds, the pipe to turbo, and the downpipe? creating my own kit, so I just need to get an idea, thanks

bouncer18

Established Member
edit cause i am not 100% sure...

i would call Steve at Hellion and ask

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
I would say that information would be hard to get because that is a Hellion Design item.. I would understand why Hellion wouldnt tell you what size piping and such because of design and any copyright issuses pertaining to their design. Alot of trail and error go into Turbo kits.

XRQTOR

Banned
Ironhand said:
I would say that information would be hard to get because that is a Hellion Design item.. I would understand why Hellion wouldnt tell you what size piping and such because of design and any copyright issuses pertaining to their design. Alot of trail and error go into Turbo kits.
Anyone with a hellion kit should be able to tell us, it's not like they will be missing out on my business if they do tell me.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
Ironhand said:
well as you know they don't make a kit for earlier cobras yet, so I know I can't call, that would be wrong for business, but I was just trying to find out if they are using 2.5 inch pipe into 3 or 3.5, or 2.5 to 3, just to get a start on my own kit, abd btw the turbo I'll be using will be a 88mm size

TRBO VNM

actually, they are almost done with the 97/98 kit. I have one that I will be getting soon for my buddies 97 saleen cobra

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
actually, they are almost done with the 97/98 kit. I have one that I will be getting soon for my buddies 97 saleen cobra
well let me know how much they sell the hot side for from manifold to turbo and if they got a down pipe at least 3.5", won't need anything else

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Hey Jason..... can you keep me up to date on that 97 cobra kit please??? Got a buddy that may be straight up INTERESTED if you know what i mean.... He's got a motor that's ready for action (race prepped crankshaft, billet rods, forged pistons, race ported heads, mach 1 camshafts, IMRC delete and ported intake. Too bad a baby p600b is feeding it.... He needs something that can stuff air down that motor.

TRBO VNM

smashedheadcat said:
Hey Jason..... can you keep me up to date on that 97 cobra kit please??? Got a buddy that may be straight up INTERESTED if you know what i mean.... He's got a motor that's ready for action (race prepped crankshaft, billet rods, forged pistons, race ported heads, mach 1 camshafts, IMRC delete and ported intake. Too bad a baby p600b is feeding it.... He needs something that can stuff air down that motor.

no problem guys. I have one that will be coming soon. My buddy down in NC has a 97 Saleen Cobra which is basically converted now with an 03/04 cobra block and fully built internals. He had a motor that was pretty wild with cams and a T-trim and everything, but the car wasn't fun to drive anymore. He loves the car, but hates the combo and doesn't race anymore. Gave him a ride in mine and 2 weeks late he emailed me saying the car will be dropped off this winter for a turbo install and tune.

Let me call hellion.

XRQTOR

Banned
TRBO VNM said:
no problem guys. I have one that will be coming soon. My buddy down in NC has a 97 Saleen Cobra which is basically converted now with an 03/04 cobra block and fully built internals. He had a motor that was pretty wild with cams and a T-trim and everything, but the car wasn't fun to drive anymore. He loves the car, but hates the combo and doesn't race anymore. Gave him a ride in mine and 2 weeks late he emailed me saying the car will be dropped off this winter for a turbo install and tune.

Let me call hellion.
Massive cams and a T trim and it wasn't fun, is he a girl or what.

TRBO VNM

XRQTOR said:
Massive cams and a T trim and it wasn't fun, is he a girl or what.

no, but he is in his 40's. He had a stock cobra and I got him into drag racing. He enjoyed it and unfortunately started breaking things and had bad luck with a couple of motors and things just started getting out of hand. When the thing isn't tuned properly and he can't drive it and cruise because the car bucks and has fuel issues it isn't fun anymore. The setup was just too wild for his tastes. He just decided it had to be changed so he can enjoy it again or he was going to sell it. he takes amazing care of his vehicles and didn't even enjoy detailing it anymore because of the driveability headaches. he sold his truck and trailer. Just not into it anymore like that. he has a nice little collection of cars to. 50th ann. Z06 and 06 M3.

so now he is going to a more mild setup motor, but with a power adder that is very streetable, tunable and make more power than he had before.

Users who are viewing this thread