For those with a 01-04 Mustang with a TR-3650 transmission

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
competition is always good, if it wasnt for the boring but reliable japanese cars, we'd still be driving crappy clunckers that fall apart in 5years. the us car makers have make great strides in reliabilty because of the japanese competition.
of course, if Toyota makes an AFFORDABLE 8 cylinder high powered sportscar that looks as good as my cobra, I'd be all over it like white on rice.

PSNOUS

Established Member
Originally posted by mikep01
what is the exact complait at the top of the tsb, that ford states its for.

*TR3650 manual transmission-jumps out of gear 2nd and or 3rd-clash noise and or raspy feel on gear engagement.

Some 2001-2003 Mustang vehicles, equipped with TR3650 5 speed manual transmission may exhibit a clash noise and or a raspy (rough) feel on gear engagement during 1-2 or 2-3 shifts. The transmission may also exhibit a jump-out from 2nd and or 3rd gear. The condition may be more pronounced when the transmission is colder than 40 degrees F.

cameron

Established Member
America had its chance back in the seventies to be king of the auto industry before the Japan car was ever heard of. But being that the Americans were to big headed to listen to one man, they lost out. This man had a plan of managment that we laughed at. So, what did he do, he took his idea to Japan. Look what they did with it.
I know i got off the subject a little, but i get so upset when Ford finds a way to cut corners and screw the consumer. The mustang is a sports car and built to be driven fast. Too bad you can't go further than 1st gear and 20 mph.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Originally posted by IJUS8A4RE
I hope this helps ANSWER all your questions that you guys may have. Inside info.

Thanx man the more info the better. PSNOUS posted up the TSB but for some reason it just shows as read "x" when I'm at work but when I'm at home I can view it. I will probably print that off and take it w/ me to the dealership 'cause I have already heard about people having service reps "play dumb" w/ them when they show up for these repairs.

I still want to hear from someone who's had this done and what sort of differences it realy makes.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by cameron
America had its chance back in the seventies to be king of the auto industry before the Japan car was ever heard of. But being that the Americans were to big headed to listen to one man, they lost out. This man had a plan of managment that we laughed at. So, what did he do, he took his idea to Japan. Look what they did with it.
I know i got off the subject a little, but i get so upset when Ford finds a way to cut corners and screw the consumer. The mustang is a sports car and built to be driven fast. Too bad you can't go further than 1st gear and 20 mph.

Whew! I'm glad that didn't happen. We would all be driving 4 bangers around. The entire united states would be full of rice.

J/K! I'm just talking out of my ass. :)

cameron

Established Member
No, he just had a different idea on how to manage a company. i think we would still have our V8s, but the quality would be better. i read about him in a couple buisness management classes.

Last edited:

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by cameron
No, he just had a different idea on how to manage a company. i think we would still have our V8s, but the quality would be better. i read about him in a couple buisness management classes.

Who is this guy?

duece

Established Member
I dropped my 01 off about an hour ago and the ford svt rep is supposed to call me in the morning with their findings.I didnt have the grind but it was knotchy feeling.Hope they replace all the tsb parts and then I can put on my new pro 5.0 shifter.

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Holy sh*t!! Its about time they had something for these trannys. My car is at the dealership right now for the traction control not working..Im going to call my service advisor about this TSB.

I guess Im going to be cruising the loaner PT Cruiser for a few more days..

GodStang

Established Member
Went by and saw them about an hour ago. They said they have no record of the part number yet. He said he will find the Kit part number and call me tomorrow.

REX-RACER

Established Member
Originally posted by GodStang
The TSB was but the Kit part number was not

More of Ford draggin' their feet???

Is your car still under warranty? If not how much is going to cost? A friend of mine and I figured that if you had to pay for this out of pocket it would cost in the neighborhood of $700-$800 w/ parts and labor. Thats about half of a good use T-56 if you can find one!

GodStang

Established Member
Under warrenty I have had 1 new transmission and 1 complete transmission rebuild. I was still having very bad problems so I took it back to Ford when I had to get my car repainted. They told me and I quote "The problem is, well, um... it is not a problem it is a defect and there is nothing we can do unless Ford comes out with a "Fix"." I said so there is nothing I can do he said agin I quote "It is not worth our time to mess with your transmission."
This was all after he test drove it with it poping out of gear and had problems shifting. My warranty ran out 3 months later so today I begin my battle for a "Fixed" tranny. They have not give me prices or anything yet. He said he will call me today. If it costs me anymore than $10 I am getting a D&D T-56 Viper Transmission. I am not giving Ford my money for there F-up.

REX-RACER

Established Member
Originally posted by GodStang
Under warrenty I have had 1 new transmission and 1 complete transmission rebuild. I was still having very bad problems so I took it back to Ford when I had to get my car repainted. They told me and I quote "The problem is, well, um... it is not a problem it is a defect and there is nothing we can do unless Ford comes out with a "Fix"." I said so there is nothing I can do he said agin I quote "It is not worth our time to mess with your transmission."
This was all after he test drove it with it poping out of gear and had problems shifting. My warranty ran out 3 months later so today I begin my battle for a "Fixed" tranny. They have not give me prices or anything yet. He said he will call me today. If it costs me anymore than $10 I am getting a D&D T-56 Viper Transmission. I am not giving Ford my money for there F-up.

un - f---ing - believable! :nonono:

They SHOULD hook you up since you've been on record w/ this problem since you've owned the car . . .

But that would be too much like right!

The T-56 is definitely the way to go but something just sticks in my craw about having to cough up $2k to re-engineer Fords mistake!:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread