For those with a 01-04 Mustang with a TR-3650 transmission

PSNOUS

Established Member
A TSB was issued today for the notchy shifting, popping out of gear and fluid level. It is a bunch of parts that come as a "kit"

The TSB # is 04-15-06

UCBeau

Originally posted by Black Hole
Mine ran out the day I picked mine up back in March......had 36,024 when I took the keys. :(
:eek: damn!
i only had 33.3k on mine when i bought it but the damn warranty ran out just after i got my windows fixed and my seatbelts taken care of.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I had bent my 2nd gear shift fork one night while goofing off. I took it to the dealer and they put me a brand new Transmission in.

I told him my car just got notchier and notchier then all off a sudded it just wouldnt go in gear..lol

Oh yea I had 32,??? miles at the time though!

mike01svt

Established Member
mine has 19k on it now, but out of warranty. it shifts perfect though... so i will keep my fingers crossed

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
Originally posted by PSNOUS
A TSB was issued today for the notchy shifting, popping out of gear and fluid level. It is a bunch of parts that come as a "kit"

The TSB # is 04-15-06

so if I'm past the milege, I'll have to pay to get this fixed?

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Question guys and gals - I don't have any shifting problems, would it be advantageous for me to still take the car in for this? I've got 20K on my 01.

Also - is there a copy of the TSB we can see?

Last edited:

PSNOUS

Established Member
2nd gear
3rd gear
1-2 synchro assembly
3-4 synchro assembly
blocker rings
1-2 shift fork
1-2 shift rail
3-4 shift fork
3-4 shift rail
new fluid fill level (again)

It's a "kit" the part number for the kit is 3R3Z-7124-AC

PSNOUS

Established Member
3.0 liters I believe

166203516BuitQp_fs.jpg

166203536VNpIIE_fs.jpg

right click, show properties

Last edited:

motorCITY

Established Member
For those who may be wondering, a TSB issue will be covered IF your car is under warranty, for free. My warranty expired, so no FREE TSB service for me.

PSNOUS - I've done the fluid change suggestion. Should be @ 3.2 Liters. Of course when I had it done, I forgot the damn conversion so did 3.2 quarts instead of liters :bash:

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
Originally posted by motorCITY
For those who may be wondering, a TSB issue will be covered IF your car is under warranty, for free. My warranty expired, so no FREE TSB service for me.

thats bs... if something is wrong, its still needs to be fixed if its out of warrenty. Ford needs to think more about the customers then their bottom line. second thought.. Tremec should be picking up the bills for this.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
This is good news ( finally! ) on this problematic TR3650. Mine hasn't been much of a problem 'cause I drive it pretty conservatively but it does shift kind of balky.

My warranty is up at the end of August and my car has 30,000 mi on it so I should be covered. It is kind of shaddy by Ford though that they would not automatically cover this for everyone since it is a known problem and they are just now getting around to offering a fix in 2004 on cars produced in 2001 . . . hmmmm, just outside of most people's 3yr/36k warranty . . . coincidence???

Has anyone had this done yet? How long does it take to get the "kit"/parts and how long do they need to have the car?

Thanx for the info PSNOUS!!!

GodStang

Established Member
I took my car before my warranty was up and they told me "It is a waste of our time to break down that transmission and try and fix it". So I am wondering if since I went to them with the problem ahead of time will they still help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread