for those that have done remote tuning

44shelby

Established Member
Lund usually only does E85 tunes on 13/14s with ID1300s and a 20 volt KB BAP but maybe they'll make an exception, either way I'm sure Brandon will get it squared away, if you keep having issues maybe reinstall the stock injectors and sell the 1000s for a set of 1300s.

So far I'm get one response per day. Pretty annoyed at this point to be honest.

44shelby

Established Member
No I think you’re right. It kept showing false knock for me. For some dumb ass reason the intake was hitting the fender just a little bit so it was throwing it off. Was giving me anxiety!
My buddy has a 2014 coyote with a paxton on it that has been sitting in his garage since 2016 because lund cant get past the false knock. He just gave up on the car and covered it up.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My buddy has a 2014 coyote with a paxton on it that has been sitting in his garage since 2016 because lund cant get past the false knock. He just gave up on the car and covered it up.

What?? plenty of other reputable tuners out there to make a move like that, geez.

Palm Beach Dyno
Wengerd Performance (TONS of great reviews lately)
VMP Performance
BJs tuning
AED
Steeda

44shelby

Established Member
If I remember correctly he was tuned by aed but aed wont touch it now because it had a jlt intake on it or something. Shaun has his own stipulations on things. Its not my car so I cant speak for the guy but its been troublesome.

LS WUT

Established Member
If I remember correctly he was tuned by aed but aed wont touch it now because it had a jlt intake on it or something. Shaun has his own stipulations on things. Its not my car so I cant speak for the guy but its been troublesome.
That’s a shame to hear. Especially over something of that nature. I wish him luck for sure.

44shelby

Established Member
That’s a shame to hear. Especially over something of that nature. I wish him luck for sure.
yea this stuff can be rather frustrating. 2 of my gt500's have gave me issues so far. The first one pissed me off enough where I sold it and bought a zr1.

Tune revision 3 just happened. I can hold the throttle more steady now but the surging is still there soooo maybe we are getting closer.

44shelby

Established Member
UPDATE: I received a few emails today from Lund racing and now they are questioning the throttle body... it was a brand new unit from ford soooo I'm not exactly what to do aside from put my stocker on there and see if it goes away? Possibly swap electronics?

Twin 69 might be the in the near future...

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So far I'm get one response per day. Pretty annoyed at this point to be honest.

UPDATE: I received a few emails today from Lund racing and now they are questioning the throttle body... it was a brand new unit from ford soooo I'm not exactly what to do aside from put my stocker on there and see if it goes away? Possibly swap electronics?

Twin 69 might be the in the near future...
I know remote tuning can be a pain in the ass. And GT500s can be so finicky with T/Bs, I'm luck to have a whipple mono blade T/B that drives perfect, but maybe give the VMP twin 69 a try or swap electrics

fearthesnake

Established Member
Lund usually only does E85 tunes on 13/14s with ID1300s and a 20 volt KB BAP but maybe they'll make an exception, either way I'm sure Brandon will get it squared away, if you keep having issues maybe reinstall the stock injectors and sell the 1000s for a set of 1300s.
Why only 1300s?

For Bolt ons and E85, the 1000s with BAPs should be plenty of fuel for 800-900hp, least it is for my setup.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Why only 1300s?

For Bolt ons and E85, the 1000s with BAPs should be plenty of fuel for 800-900hp, least it is for my setup.
You can get away with ID1000s or ID1050Xs and some tuners will do E85 tunes for those injectors, but Lund is pretty picky about what injectors you use for E85 tunes, especially since the 1300s give you some extra head room and you don't want to start running lean or dropping fuel pressure over 6k during during a WOT pull.

HPLouis

Established Member
I could see myself doing that. I passed NY emissions inspection this year but I've been hearing about the emissions station computer will now be able to tell if a car has a tune and fail the car starting next year. If that happens, I'm just gonna cover the car in the garage and be done with it.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I could see myself doing that. I passed NY emissions inspection this year but I've been hearing about the emissions station computer will now be able to tell if a car has a tune and fail the car starting next year. If that happens, I'm just gonna cover the car in the garage and be done with it.
IF a tune is developed correctly, it won't be an issue !!

HPLouis

Established Member
IF a tune is developed correctly, it won't be an issue !!

Thank God. I’m really tired of NYC and it’s emissions program and the police and enforcement. The car already passed a couple of months ago with no cats or EGR so Greg at RET did some great work with the tune. I just hope it continues to pass or I’ll just leave it in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

you can't "tune" out knock... knock is either fuel quality, or something causing the knock "false knock", if fuel quality is verified good, then all a tuner can do is back down the sensitivity in the knock sensors. however, you get some bad fuel, and then they aren't doing what they need to do.

best is always to find whats causing the knock, which can be a pain sometimes

44shelby

Established Member
you can't "tune" out knock... knock is either fuel quality, or something causing the knock "false knock", if fuel quality is verified good, then all a tuner can do is back down the sensitivity in the knock sensors. however, you get some bad fuel, and then they aren't doing what they need to do.

best is always to find whats causing the knock, which can be a pain sometimes
it was on barrel fuel ... ignite 114

Users who are viewing this thread