For those running synthetic oil. Great deal!!!

Speedy1

Established Member
Hey Guy's and Gal's

Just thought I'd pass a great deal along. I went to Advance Auto Parts today to get a filter and oil for the F150 and the Cobra and coudn't believe what I saw. They have a buy one get one free sale on quarts of the new Pennzoil Platinum synthetic, and Quakerstate synthetic with no limit on purchase. Needless to say I grabbed five cases, and left with a smile on my face:-D This deal makes a quart of fully synthetic cost the same as conventional, so if anyone has an Advanced Auto Parts by them go take advantage of a great deal.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I would never put penzoil or quaker state in my car ...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Pennzoil and Quaker State are both Group III hydrocracked dynosaur oil.. not a true synthetic, but your payin for a true synthetic..

get mobil1, royal purple or amsoil if you want a true synthetic

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Yeah, don't put Penzoil in there. Royal Purple is the best, but it's expensive. Valvoline is good, so is Mobil1.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Yup, if they are giving it away free i would definitely think twice. Mobile 1 is what i use.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I used Pennzoil Platinum in my 03 about 2K miles ago. Even made quite a few runs with it. I have had no problems. I'm getting a couple cases.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
Pennzoil and Quaker State are both Group III hydrocracked dynosaur oil.. not a true synthetic, but your payin for a true synthetic..

get mobil1, royal purple or amsoil if you want a true synthetic

Actually, mobil1 is now a gen 3 also. Its no longer a true synthetic. I dont know if you remember the whole Castrol Syntec thing or not, but due to that they decided to do what Castrol was doing. It costs them less to make it and they can price it the same.

Pennzoil platinum is good oil. I wouldnt run standard pennsoil and I wouldnt touch anything Quaker state, but the pennzoil platinum is good.

GreatPyr

Established Member
I run Mobil 1 in the Cobra, but I've run regular Pennzoil in all my other cars. No oil-related failures in over 30 years. :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
WTF? So M1 is no longer a true full synthetic? Looks like I may have to order some RP or something.

-Jeff

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
HISSMAN said:
WTF? So M1 is no longer a true full synthetic? Looks like I may have to order some RP or something.

-Jeff

I've yet to see some conclusive evidence that suggests this to be true.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
SID297 said:
I've yet to see some conclusive evidence that suggests this to be true.

I have been searching since I made the post, and I can't find anything on it either.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread