for the motorcyclists here...

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I get it, finally.
I went on my second ride yesterday. Beautiful day, lots of great scenery, good people and Harleys. Life does NOT get much better. If someone would have told me that i would ride 120 miles round trip for a hamburger, chips and a coke I wouldn't have believed them.

Backstory:
2005: Dad buys Road King Custom (black pearl).
2008: Road King Custom is finished, or "chromed out".
October 8-11, 2009: I took the Rider's Edge basic riders course and got my motorcycle endorsement.
October 12, 2009: Dad brings home 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (vivid black over black ice pearl). We went for our first ride together, me on the Road King, him on the Ultra. Only 47 miles, but you have to start somewhere.
October 21, 2009: My first group ride with Dad, 13 bikes total. 120 miles logged.

The sickness is creeping in. I'm hoooked!
is anyone looking for a low mileage true blue lightning? lol

THE WORLD DOESN'T LOOK THE SAME THROUGH A WINDSHIELD!!

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Def stay safe. My cousin and I have one. He totalled his gsxr1k 2 weeks ago cause a lady pulled out in front of him...He went over her car. And to top it all off she left the scene so he has to pay for everything out of pocket.

Expect the unexpected! I cant tell you how many times I have almost ate it this year. The closest I came was with a student driver. WOWEE

spike_africa

Established Member
People tell horror stories of friends of friends riding and it does happen. Me I just ride alert, and keep my eyes open, and I don't drive like a jackass, and its been a great time so far. I'm a fairly new rider myself too.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I'm pretty cautious and I don't get in any big hurry.
I did have an intersting encounter with a curve, a flatbed semi and a 2 lane road yesterday. It was a blind curve and there was some gravel/sand on the road. I slowed/geared down, looked through the corner as far as I could, pressed on the bars and started to roll on the throttle gently. Somewhere during that process my brain thought it would be a good idea to look down at the gravel (which wasn't going to be a problem in the first place) to make sure I would miss it. I only glanced down for a second and when my eyes came back up I was staring at an oncoming semi. He awfully close to the center line and getting closer as he started into the turn. In my best Buck McElroy(lead singer and driver of the Winnebago) voice I said "SH!T" and adjusted my line through the corner. Lesson learned. DO NOT look down. Stay focused on what's ahead of you. My Dad was riding behind me and I think it shook him up a little. He said it was close.

Last edited:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
thank you. :beer:
I rode dirt bikes and 3 wheelers and stuff when I was a kid.
This is totally different.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Good story man! It's addicting, I put more miles on my Gixxer in the last 3 months then I've put on my car in the last 2 1/2 years! Have fun and stay safe!

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Ya, you can't beat it. I have had a crotch rocket in some form for the last 10 yrs and recently started riding the mountains and it is the most fun I have ever had on it. Stay safe and always and I mean always wear your GEAR!! GEAR being helmet, gloves, jacket and boots.

Last edited:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
pics of the bikes. Dad likes chrome. :coolman:

2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited in Vivid Black over Black Ice Pearl.
103 ci, 6 speed, heated grips, chrome front end and a couple of other extras.

IMG_1083resized.jpg

2005 Road King Custom in Black Pearl and acres of chrome.
88 ci, 5 speed, Vance & Hines slip ons, Arlen Ness air intake, LOTS of chrome.

IMG_1089.jpg

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Just started riding myself. I just bought a bike but I havent had a chance to pick it up. 2007 yzf600r is waiting for me. Already have my license so just waiting on her now. Cant wait to finally start getting out on road.

AMNick

Welcome to the club! You now understand something non-riders will never understand. Just be warned, its even more addicting then Mustangs!

Monster14

Beer Me
Established Member
congrats on the bike, nothing like riding and hanging out with other bikers, especially at rallies.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I have said many times my only regret is not having done it much sooner. I ride mine to work virtually every day that weather permits and at times the cars sit for weeks as I just don't care. Congrats on "getting it".

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
welcome. Just put the detachable windsheild on the bike for the winter months. Dusted off the winter riding pants, pulled the jacket liner out, winter riding here I come.

and in regards to the gear comment..
gear.jpg

a few more since you are being hooked...
perspective.jpg

serenity.jpg

and the best one...
work.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wanna get another one soon. All the nice fuel injected sportbikes i couldnt afford a few years ago are now in contention.

Users who are viewing this thread