For being 100% Irish I really do have some bad luck.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Insurers are the ones who determine fault not the police. It’s stupid though because when I had my accident the lady even told me it’s not a fault/no fault thing, it’s a percentage of fault. That’s how they weasel out of paying for things. At least that’s my experience from what Progressive told me.

shurur

Established Member
I have been in two accidents since being in FL.

One where a kid tagged me from behind as I changed lanes.

Another were I got the front end of wife's 330xi hit by a speeding truck at an intersection.

Cops assigned blame to the Yankee both times in both reports, even though this is a no fault state.

As I understand it now, if the police assign blame without witnessing it, it is hearsay in court.

I am going to court next time.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It’s sad because Florida is a great state to live in it’s just all the other asshats. I grew up in Naples and moved to Fort Myers when I got hired with the county but Naples was a great place to grow up. Now it’s only great if you’re a millionaire lol.

What part of Sarasota do you live in? I have family near Nokomis by the mall. And my uncle used to live in Deer Hollow.

Born and raised in Sarasota for me. Haven’t moved, or left. I live right off of university in Desoto Lakes right where UTC mall is.
I live in between both of you in the Pt Charlotte area. Yeah, we've blasted with people moving in.

LS WUT

Established Member
I live in between both of you in the Pt Charlotte area. Yeah, we've blasted with people moving in.
Don’t get me wrong, I love it here. It’s just become such a hassle to do anything. Even going to the grocery store, or even getting gas. Even with gas being as wild as it is lately. Every morning I drive by the pumps, lines out the ass. I used to ride my motorcycles pretty avidly. Now I don’t even touch them unless it’s around 9pm or later to go on a cruise out east. I’m sure a lot of cities are either the same or will be soon. I guess that’s why I’m just trying to get my property bought, and get a bit further out in the country while I still can have some serenity.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Don’t get me wrong, I love it here. It’s just become such a hassle to do anything. Even going to the grocery store, or even getting gas. Even with gas being as wild as it is lately. Every morning I drive by the pumps, lines out the ass. I used to ride my motorcycles pretty avidly. Now I don’t even touch them unless it’s around 9pm or later to go on a cruise out east. I’m sure a lot of cities are either the same or will be soon. I guess that’s why I’m just trying to get my property bought, and get a bit further out in the country while I still can have some serenity.
Me too. I've lived in the part of Florida (East of 75) for 30 years. It's just gotten nuts, no way the infrastructure can keep up. Roads are nowhere near able to handle all the traffic. When they widened to 41 to 3 lanes each way, they should've made it 4. Water pressure keeps getting lower. Rant over. lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I was rear ended with less than 1000mi on my ‘04 Cobra. Asian guy named Wang (seriously) and thankfully he had insurance. I took my foot off brake when the light changed and he just drove right into the back of my new pride and joy. He scratched the unfinished grey rough plastic part between the exhaust and since you can’t refinish that they paid for a replace and repaint. I just had that section painted gloss black to match the car and kept the extra for mods. Funny I actually had it nodded and tuned the week before with like 800mi so the insurance extra paid for some sweet Baer rotors and rubber for AFS 18s :)
Ah the good old days.
I’d give the guy one shot to meet you at a bank and try and keep it off insurance otherwise just go the conventional route and have the body guys salvage the bumper if they can. Looks like they can, but his insurance will pay for a full replace and repair. Think positive more mod money!
Good luck.
-J

LS WUT

Established Member
Me too. I've lived in the part of Florida (East of 75) for 30 years. It's just gotten nuts, no way the infrastructure can keep up. Roads are nowhere near able to handle all the traffic. When they widened to 3 lanes each way, they should've made it 4. Water pressure keeps getting lower. Rant over. lol
Haha, you’re not wrong though. Just wish it was easier to cope with the idiots who just don’t care. I had even considered Venice for a place to live and set up shop. However the amount of drivers over 70 who still drive and don’t look past their huge glasses scares the hell out of me.

LS WUT

Established Member
I was rear ended with less than 1000mi on my ‘04 Cobra. Asian guy named Wang (seriously) and thankfully he had insurance. I took my foot off brake when the light changed and he just drove right into the back of my new pride and joy. He scratched the unfinished grey rough plastic part between the exhaust and since you can’t refinish that they paid for a replace and repaint. I just had that section painted gloss black to match the car and kept the extra for mods. Funny I actually had it nodded and tuned the week before with like 800mi so the insurance extra paid for some sweet Baer rotors and rubber for AFS 18s :)
Ah the good old days.
I’d give the guy one shot to meet you at a bank and try and keep it off insurance otherwise just go the conventional route and have the body guys salvage the bumper if they can. Looks like they can, but his insurance will pay for a full replace and repair. Think positive more mod money!
Good luck.
-J
Very unfortunate to say the least sir. Yes, it’s funny you say that.. I’m going to ask to have that bottom section sprayed black to match as well. Glad you got it handled back then. Sounds like you made out like a bandit. Cheers to hoping this all goes over smooth.

BlackStang00

Established Member
I’ve been planning on moving to north Florida in the next couple of years hopefully. The cost of living is better and the people are nicer. Plus it’s a little more seasonal than southwest Florida. And the traffic isn’t as bad. Yeah there are idiots wherever you go but it seems like there are more good drivers up there and not everyone is in a hurry 24/7.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I’ve been planning on moving to north Florida in the next couple of years hopefully. The cost of living is better and the people are nicer. Plus it’s a little more seasonal than southwest Florida. And the traffic isn’t as bad. Yeah there are idiots wherever you go but it seems like there are more good drivers up there and not everyone is in a hurry 24/7.
Only place I like even close is St Augustine, but that's crazy too. Not much experience with norther Fl.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Only place I like even close is St Augustine, but that's crazy too. Not much experience with norther Fl.
Funny enough that’s exactly what I was referring to. US 1 gets busy around downtown and a few other areas like A1A around the bridge and near 95, but otherwise it’s smooth sailing. I did a lot of driving all around St John’s county the last time I was there and was surprised. And the drivers aren’t all doing 100 everywhere.

There’s a newish Buckies up there off 95 near World Golf Village. I didn’t stop, maybe next time.

And the panhandle is beautiful and inexpensive. I work for the S.O. and if I were to move that way I’d want to stay in law enforcement but most agencies up that way pay like crap.

LS WUT

Established Member
20C05816-13DE-453B-A4E7-102304333B8E.jpg

I finally got my quote from them. $50 an hour for a body guy? Seems highly unlikely to say the least. I guess I’ll be body shop searching here early next week. Party doesn’t stop.

LS WUT

Established Member
I spoke with my body shop. He said $50 was what he charges too. I always thought it was more. However I guess I didn’t factor how long it took for the process hence the high pricing. Secondly I know pictures don’t do it justice. I’m unsure if the bumper can be salvaged. I’d like to think so though. I’m sure the crash absorber is toasted. The bumper pushes in way to easy.

Users who are viewing this thread