For all who OK abortion because of the mothers life...

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
I honestly dont get the Pro-Life shit. If that was my SO and she wanted to keep the baby Id be like hell no we gotta fight this cancer first. I'm not raising this child by myself if I dont have to. yeah id admire her selflessness for wanting to put the child first, but then again i have to look at the selfishness to place that burden upon me. you wont be here and its all on me, that aint cool and then i gotta answer to our kid about that? Nah man I dont like being put in binds like that. But still this "keep the child at all costs" shit is just getting too many people caught in there feelings. its not for everyone. Some people like sex and dont like kids, some people are not emotionally,mentally or financially sufficient to support a child. and then they have them and its another kid bouncing around in the foster system or up for adoption. Sometimes its for the best, but its not for everyone. The people that are militant about it are the ones that frighten me. i certainly hope the right to that decision is never taken away from anyone, on either side of the spectrum.:shrug:

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Tyrant? No. If you want the coat hanger method, have at it.

God will make sure you receive a nice fiery eternal life for it in the end.

Lemme ask you something man that I cant quite wrap my head around...

How can you state that with such conviction that i can only classify as criminal?
How do you know? this is just going to delve into another God/Science/Religion tirade but honestly all i saw was a bunch of flaming in all the other threads. I need to know how you know this.

Stinger2011

Established Member
Correct. Each one of us has a choice - and it is ours alone. If she had chosen to save her own life at the expense of her child, is is still HER choice. I don't think anyone should judge either way. Take care of your own matters.

Smartest post in this thread.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Lemme ask you something man that I cant quite wrap my head around...

How can you state that with such conviction that i can only classify as criminal?
How do you know? this is just going to delve into another God/Science/Religion tirade but honestly all i saw was a bunch of flaming in all the other threads. I need to know how you know this.

Psalm 139

3 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

Pretty evident that God takes His creation seriously and doesnt like other people destroying what He made.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like the action of a tyrant to me. Will you be sending inspectors out to monitor the pre-natal care of the state's babies? How far are you willing to go? Will you hand out the coat hangers yourself? You think God will have a place for you if you do that, you might be surprised.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Sounds like the action of a tyrant to me. Will you be sending inspectors out to monitor the pre-natal care of the state's babies? How far are you willing to go? Will you hand out the coat hangers yourself? You think God will have a place for you if you do that, you might be surprised.

I'm willing to go that it isnt legal, it is murder and it wont be government funded or government approved.

Stinger2011

Established Member

And women will go to hell for wearing pants instead of skirts according to Pentecostals. Your beliefs, no matter how extreme, don't make them true and neither does mine.

ThomasL

Established Member
It's the mother's choice IMO. Not every case is the same nor every person. Who are you, a guy on a car forum, to say what is right for a pregnant woman fighting for her life? The hypocrisy with religion is borderline hilarious: OP is born a sinner and shouldn't judge others, yet he sure has no problem today judging a woman for what he perceives as a "sin" which should in theory have no impact on his own passage into Heaven. Classic hypocrite. I'll anxiously await your next Bible passage :bored:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
And women will go to hell for wearing pants instead of skirts according to Pentecostals. Your beliefs, no matter how extreme, don't make them true and neither does mine.

Find me a scripture that says this and I'll side with you...dont worry, I'll wait.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Deuteronomy 22:5

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God. :lol1:

Yup, now provide proof that pants are a man's garment...

Furthermore, as a christian, jewish law means little to me, so please find a scripture between Matthew and Revelation...

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Your actions, if you were in charge, would reduce people to this level. That's not just a tyrant, that's a despot. Again, are you going to hand out the coathangers to women? You can always do like the Chinese do, and bill the family; no government funding, nice and neat.

I'm willing to go that it isnt legal, it is murder and it wont be government funded or government approved.

hb712

Established Member
I honestly dont get the Pro-Life shit.
You're really starting out strong, here. Try not classify a spectrum of belief as "shit" just because you don't agree with it. That shows a distinct lack of high-level judgment, judgment necessary to debate such a subject

If that was my SO and she wanted to keep the baby Id be like hell no we gotta fight this cancer first. I'm not raising this child by myself if I dont have to.
For one thing, they didn't know anything about the potential cancer. They were forced to make a decision between a potential diagnosis and a concrete pregnancy. Further, they believed that they wouldn't be able to have children, so it's unlikely they were able to think "hmm, let's just terminate this incredibly unlikely pregnancy and just try again leter."

yeah id admire her selflessness for wanting to put the child first, but then again i have to look at the selfishness to place that burden upon me. you wont be here and its all on me, that aint cool and then i gotta answer to our kid about that? Nah man I dont like being put in binds like that.
Did you catch the hypocrisy in there? You're saying that she is selfish for such a decision while simultaneously ranting about what you want and what you don't want.

But still this "keep the child at all costs" shit is just getting too many people caught in there feelings.
Again with the blanket classification of a belief as "shit." At least try to be adult about this.

its not for everyone. Some people like sex and dont like kids, some people are not emotionally,mentally or financially sufficient to support a child. and then they have them and its another kid bouncing around in the foster system or up for adoption. Sometimes its for the best, but its not for everyone.
Then be responsible and make the decision to avoid pregnancy at all costs. This is the pro-choice argument that bothers me. There are a variety of measures which can be taken to prevent pregnancy - take one of those measures. Making a decision to terminate a pregnancy because you weren't responsible enough to prevent it, in these specific cases, is selfishness at its best.

In short, if you do not want kids, or are otherwise unable to support a child, choose a contraceptive method (up to and including abstinence) and use it. Don't just go raw because it feels better and then hop on over to the clinic as soon as every unwanted pregnancy pops up.[/QUOTE]

Obviously I am some form of pro-life. That does not mean that I advocate for many legal restrictions, it just means that I do not believe a lot of abortions are necessary. People are free to make their choices, but I find it extremely disappointing when I see examples of careless promiscuity topped off with an elective abortion. In terms of the OP, I would have supported either decision for this couple.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Your actions, if you were in charge, would reduce people to this level. That's not just a tyrant, that's a despot. Again, are you going to hand out the coathangers to women? You can always do like the Chinese do, and bill the family; no government funding, nice and neat.

Nope. people who want to sin can get their own coat hanger from their own closet. I want nothing to do with murder of innocent people.

mavisky

Established Member
Wow! How can most of you even imagine the painfull choice this woman (and husband) had to make. .

They're choice is their choice, and it's a thing I couldn't imagine having to do were I in that situation. The problem I have is that I know that this is being touted by OP not as a "choice" but as "the right/only way to do things". The OP doesn't want you or I to have a choice in the matter, his magic book and pastor have told him the way it has to be and he is treating this mother as a christian martyr in his war on our freedom to make this choice within our own family.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Psalm 139

3 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

Pretty evident that God takes His creation seriously and doesnt like other people destroying what He made.

But what if I dont believe in any gods. What does that make of me for not wanting that child there? Is it just selfish or is it honestly avoiding a series of long and painful events for everyone involved. This just sounds like because the bible says so, It must be.

You're really starting out strong, here. Try not classify a spectrum of belief as "shit" just because you don't agree with it. That shows a distinct lack of high-level judgment, judgment necessary to debate such a subject

Im a guy on a car forum, for mustangs at that. 24, Masters behind me, 2 kids of my own, engaged to a fierce redhead. I understand and can maintain the rationale of debate, trust me. You got me, Ill stop with the shortcuts and low blows just because it isnt my cup of tea.

For one thing, they didn't know anything about the potential cancer. They were forced to make a decision between a potential diagnosis and a concrete pregnancy. Further, they believed that they wouldn't be able to have children, so it's unlikely they were able to think "hmm, let's just terminate this incredibly unlikely pregnancy and just try again leter."

This is true and valid. Seems like an ultimate last ditch effort. but i guess i think im thinking this over with knowing what i know now against what they knew then.

Did you catch the hypocrisy in there? You're saying that she is selfish for such a decision while simultaneously ranting about what you want and what you don't want.

Yeah I guess i do come across as maybe a bit whiny but ultimately IT IS all on me after shes gone. Not saying im not strong enough to look my child in the eye and tell them that "shes not here so you could be here, but its not your fault", but who wants to do that. It will never feel complete. even if i were to find a new partner later down the road, its not the same.

Again with the blanket classification of a belief as "shit." At least try to be adult about this.
... :whine:

Then be responsible and make the decision to avoid pregnancy at all costs. This is the pro-choice argument that bothers me. There are a variety of measures which can be taken to prevent pregnancy - take one of those measures. Making a decision to terminate a pregnancy because you weren't responsible enough to prevent it, in these specific cases, is selfishness at its best.

In short, if you do not want kids, or are otherwise unable to support a child, choose a contraceptive method (up to and including abstinence) and use it. Don't just go raw because it feels better and then hop on over to the clinic as soon as every unwanted pregnancy pops up.

this is where im at. I wasnt ready or wanting to be a dad when i was informed my daughter would be here in 8 more months. I damn sure didnt try to have her aborted. I just stepped up. I feel like everyone should have the choice, but I don't know who would make that choice.

Obviously I am some form of pro-life. That does not mean that I advocate for many legal restrictions, it just means that I do not believe a lot of abortions are necessary. People are free to make their choices, but I find it extremely disappointing when I see examples of careless promiscuity topped off with an elective abortion. In terms of the OP, I would have supported either decision for this couple.
Its a tough call either way, but they went through it believing that they didnt make the right choice, but the choice that worked for them.

I believe in choices for the sake of having options.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread