Foglight mod, and HIDs...now HIDs come on with parking lights

8URHEMI

Team RAMROD
Established Member
Eric, I got both my headlight and fog light HID's from autoxsport. I will run out and take some pics of my headlight switch and the wiring and see if we can't figure out a solution to this problem.

8URHEMI

Team RAMROD
Established Member
Alright, as stated before I have HID's in the headlights and fog lights. Prior to me putting the HID's in the headlights and only having them in the fog lights, I had no issues. I have done the headlight switch mod that told me to splice two wires and dremel part of the headlight switch. Here are the pictures....

First position is with the parking lights only (no fog light should be on because I didn't pull out on the switch):
001.jpg

This is what it looks like outside the truck:
photo.jpg

I then pulled out on the switch which is suppose to activate my fog lights only along with parking lights:
003.jpg

This is what it looks like in that position:
photo2.jpg

Here is the wire splicing that worked fine until I put my HID headlights in:
008.jpg

As you can see, I have the brown and white/black spliced together. I noticed that you said it should be the brown and a different wire. I have not tried switching wires yet because I did not understand why it worked one minute without HID's then stopped when I installed HID's.

8URHEMI

Team RAMROD
Established Member
Vegas, after re-reading the post are you only wanting your parking lights to come on (no fog's and no headlights)?? If so, Eric's solution should work for me, but I'm not sure how to help you with yours.

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
Vegas, after re-reading the post are you only wanting your parking lights to come on (no fog's and no headlights)?? If so, Eric's solution should work for me, but I'm not sure how to help you with yours.

I want to be able to turn my fogs on and off with the parking lights... using the factory switch... Problem is: like you my headlights are turning on with the parking lamps.

The physical mod worked fine, the original splice (black/white, brown) worked...but with the HIDs installed the headlights now come on in the parking light position.

infact using the (yellow/brown) splice still caused the headlights to come on in the parking position...until I cut the white/black wire

and my headlights switch looks identical to yours.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I want to be able to turn my fogs on and off with the parking lights... using the factory switch... Problem is: like you my headlights are turning on with the parking lamps.

The physical mod worked fine, the original splice (black/white, brown) worked...but with the HIDs installed the headlights now come on in the parking light position.

infact using the (yellow/brown) splice still caused the headlights to come on in the parking position...until I cut the white/black wire

and my headlights switch looks identical to yours.

so when you cut the white/black splice you get no head lights and only fogs?
if this is the case..then leave the white/black splice out of it.
I dont know the switch layout off hand and what each wire does...but going by the sound of it i wouldnt doubt for a second that one of your splices is jumpering the hot lead of one circuit to another...thus once any power is applied from one circuit you are now feeding 2 or more.....

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
so when you cut the white/black splice you get no head lights and only fogs?
if this is the case..then leave the white/black splice out of it.
I dont know the switch layout off hand and what each wire does...but going by the sound of it i wouldnt doubt for a second that one of your splices is jumpering the hot lead of one circuit to another...thus once any power is applied from one circuit you are now feeding 2 or more.....

yes. with the yellow/brown splice (white/black wire cut) I get fogs on with parking lights...but there is no way to turn them off...
however...the brown to black/white splice worked fine until I added the HIDs...

I thought that might be the case too... but if it is jumpering...its happening inside the switch or somewhere else...not near the splice...I've messed around with it so much and tried differ configurations...it has to be somwhere else.

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
Did cutting the black/white wire affect anything???

with the yellow/brown splice...it turned the headlights off...

but now the fogs automatically come on with the parking lights and the foglight switch does nothing...

I can put a switch in between the splice and that will allow me to turn them off.

8URHEMI

Team RAMROD
Established Member
Headlights still work ok? If so, this would be the fix I need, because I want my fog lights to be on while my parking lights are on. I just can't get my headlights to turn off when the fog lights are suppose to be on.

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
Headlights still work ok? If so, this would be the fix I need, because I want my fog lights to be on while my parking lights are on. I just can't get my headlights to turn off when the fog lights are suppose to be on.

headlights work great...everything is good except that my foglight switch now does nothing.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Remove the splice.

If you just want to have fog light switch control in the parking light position and the headlight position also, you do not need any jumper. The jumper wire is powering the fog any time the parking lights are turned on.

The fog light switch will operate in either position. When you do the switch mod and the jumper wire you are back feeding the headlight circuit. It is just rerouting voltage to the headlight circuit.

Basically, you are performing two mods that interfere with each others operation.

You also can just remove fuse #27 from the CJB to stop the circuit back feeding.

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
Remove the splice.

If you just want to have fog light switch control in the parking light position and the headlight position also, you do not need any jumper. The jumper wire is powering the fog any time the parking lights are turned on.

The fog light switch will operate in either position. When you do the switch mod and the jumper wire you are back feeding the headlight circuit. It is just rerouting voltage to the headlight circuit.

Basically, you are performing two mods that interfere with each others operation.

You also can just remove fuse #27 from the CJB to stop the circuit back feeding.

you are the second person to tell me this...I tried that...and without the splice you get nothing in the parking light function. as far as the foglights are concerned.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Then something is messed up with your truck. I've done this countless times with no issues ever.

Instead of having a live wire behind the dash remove the fuse 27. That will stop the back feeding of the circuit that is turning the headlights on.

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
Then something is messed up with your truck. I've done this countless times with no issues ever.

Instead of having a live wire behind the dash remove the fuse 27. That will stop the back feeding of the circuit that is turning the headlights on.

thanks man... as soon as this wind dies down I will check into that

Users who are viewing this thread