Fog light mod??

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
Is the fog light mod for our cars the same as the 03??? I did a search and all i found was "how to" for the 03 and the Lightning.

95cobby

Established Member
I did this on my car, it is real easy to do. Just need some wire cutters/strippers and some black electrical tape.

Here is my edited wire diagram. Cut the wires about an inch or longer away from the clips. Use the existing clip with the R/B wire still attached and just twist the end of the P/O to the R/B wire with the clip. That way you dont have to mess with take the clip off the R/B wire and putting it on the P/O wire.
1102353486.pjpeg

Some times I will forget that my headlights aren't on untill I notice that all my gauges are still dark. :rolling:
1102353530.pjpeg

95cobby

Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hahahahahahaha, i was gonna "quote" that Dan but i really don't want to look at the pic more then i have to!

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
Ok i want the foglights to go on and off with my parking lights, but wouldnt having it connected to the dimmer switch cut power to the fogs if i dim my gauges??

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
No, to the best of my knowledge, dimming the lights has no effect on the fog lights. I think all that's being powered is the fog light relay, and not the lights themselves. I have mine set-up to come on with the ignition switch, or I'd go and check it right now. It's the easiest way to go also ... all you have to do is change the position of two wires in the connector. Once the glove box insert is removed, it takes about 3 minutes.

Dan

Last edited:

FoMoCoStang

Rollin the Fox..
Established Member
Theres a "Fog Light" mod that we do to the rangers, doubt these are the same, but, it allows you to have the brights and fogs on at the same time...

Usually, when you turn the brights on, the fog lights cut off, this mod, leaves them on when the brights are on, so you can really do some damage...

Are the cobra's the same..??

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
FoMoCoEdge said:
Theres a "Fog Light" mod that we do to the rangers, doubt these are the same, but, it allows you to have the brights and fogs on at the same time...

Usually, when you turn the brights on, the fog lights cut off, this mod, leaves them on when the brights are on, so you can really do some damage...

Are the cobra's the same..??
i know ive heard of people doing that, but rollin with the fogs on during the day is the cool thing to do. i am going to do the fog mod tomorrow.

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
quoted from Dano's page: and when you get to your destination and start to get out, the car will start chimming to remind you that you left the parking lights on ...

it will do this even if the lights are off????

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Mine are on all the time - don't have to worry about turning them "On" and "Off." They come on with the ignition switch.

Blown95Cobra If the "With The Parking Lights On" doesn't look right to you, you can quickly change the two wires back, and go on to the next way ("on" with ignition switch). Only involves cutting a couple of wires, and using 2 butt connectors. Just leave the glove box insert out, until you decide.

You'll love it ...

it will do this even if the lights are off????

No, that was just a scenario about leaving the parking lights on when you get out of the car (lights were on, in order to get the fog lights on). That's one disadvantage to doing the Mod to work with the parking lights.

Dan

Last edited:

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
oh ok i thought you meant the chime thingy would be on even if the lights were off. im gonna go outside when the sun comes up and start working on it and then see which way i like better. i'll probably do it with the parking lights cuz i dont drive with them on during the day, i turn them on when the sun starts to go down :)

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Shouldn't take very long. If you've never "pushed" the pin connectors out before, just go slow. When you go back in with them, don't push them too far and break the locking tab, like I did last time (got in a hurry). LOL

Dan

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
ok, after cutting my hand open, breaking off the end of the wire, and then getting it all together and turning them on and finding out i have a foglight out its done :)

Just kidding, it took me bout 15 mins and they work fine :D

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I got mines to come on with the parking lights. I hate daytime running lights. I used a relay and went to the brown (I think, its been a WHILE) in the DKP.

Users who are viewing this thread