Focus ST COBB FMIC Kit Install Video 2013-2014

Steve@CJPP

[video=youtube;5eBWJMP5bI4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBWJMP5bI4[/video]

COBB 791500 Focus ST Front Mount Intercooler 2013-2014

Today we are installing the COBB Front Mount Intercooler on our 2013 Focus ST. Cooler air means more horsepower, and with a new Front Mount Intercooler from COBB, your Focus ST will be running at its best! Even when stock, your factory intercooler can be overwhelmed with heatsoak that reduces horsepower. COBB designed their new Front Mount Intercooler using a 57 percent larger core with streamlined piping, resulting in charge air that is up to 100 degrees cooler.

After removing the grille shutters and drilling 2 simple holes, the COBB Front Mount Intercooler requires no other modifications for an easy installation with the included necessary hardware and custom black silicone adapters.

Please Note: Intended for North American 2013-2014 Focus ST (USDM) fitment only.

For more COBB parts available at CJ Pony Parts check out:
COBB Tuning | CJ Pony Parts

For more Focus ST parts available at CJ Pony Parts check out:
2013-2014 Ford Focus ST Parts | Focus ST Performance Parts | CJ Pony Parts

TRBO VNM

I should have taken video or pics of the one I did Friday. Took all of 5-10 min total to drill the holes.

1. Get cobalt (not the lowes brand) drill bits. I only use 1, 1/8" in size. you can get from Harbor Freight or Tractor Supply if you have them locally. I have used the same bit for 3 FMIC installs and a few FTBR bushing installs. :)
2. Take the cobb bits and toss them in the garbage. I have gone through 2 of the "pilot" bits they provide using with proper lubrication and slow speed. The bits went to crap.
3. I use a pointed tip(traingle shaped) steel burr bit to open the hole to the right size for the bolt. Why Cobb sends such a large bit for the bolt size makes no sense. I guess it is for those guys that measure once, drill multiple times.

For the second hole, all I do is measure the gap between the 2 holes on the brackets from the intercooler and then put the tape measure inside the bumper crush beam support and measure from the first drilled hole and mark the distance for the second hole. That gets the distance correct. For the height, if you take your standard tape and it is resting on the inside of the bumper crush beam on the bottom, the height is approx 1/8" above the width of tape measure edge. This has been perfect for 3 intercoolers so far with holes drilled just large enough for the bolts.

I then take automotive touch up paint and paint inside the drilled holes as a precautionary measure.

I can also say, between doing the Level's, CPE and the Cobb FMIC installs, the Cobb has had the best fitment of them all.

Also, when removing the passenger side stock intecooler pipe, I remove the clamp up at the tbody and and pull the whole pipe with reducer out together. It is much easier from the top to get that top clamp at the tbody.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread