Foam Air Filters--yes, Read On!

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Okay, guys what you read on the Post about K&N Filters is 100% true about being poor and bad air filters. None of the Baja Racers I know ever run K&NJ type filters as they let in way too much DIRT!

Go ti UNIFILTERS or TRUEFLO filters and see what filter will fit your application. I've got foam filters to fit both my APTEN and my STEEDA CAI. I called them and gave them the filter deminsions and they found me filters to fit. I would post the part numbers but I am away from home on a business trip.

ANYONE WHO RUNS A GAUZE TYPE AIR FILTER IS CRAZY AND ASKING FOR FAILURE! K&N filters keep out trees, rocks and little animals, nothing more!

The reason they flow so much air is they are not filtering the air for fine dirt or dust particals.

BEWARE AND GET RID OF YOUR GAUZE AIR FILTERS NOW!

REGARDS,

GLWBEAR
[email protected]

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Give me a break...

When's the last time you went off road in your Cobra?

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Foam filters are good. That's what I used on my dirtbike. I wasn't aware that anyone made them in correct sizes for our cars though. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info.

3GROC

Established Member
being in the motorcycle industry for a long time I have known this. any guaze type filter had a worse filtering performance then even a generic foam type filter. plus they are less expensive.

UNI has had a twin stage foam filter for bikes and twin air makes a nice piece too. plus u can clean them just like u could with a guaze type filter and u arent paying 75 bucks for a K&N or whatever...

Please give me an F'in break...

When's the last time you went off road in your Cobra?

has nothing to do with going off road....had to do with minute dirt particles driving anywhere

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Give us a break already with these idiotic comparisons to bulldozers and off-road racing. We drive street cars on concrete and asphalt alright? got the idea yet? is it clear yet, stupid????

Why don't you carpet-bagging charlatains quit using our boards to spread misinformation about products that have been doing the job for 30+ years without any known or proven detriment that renders the engine useless.

You wanna get in bed with those who proclaim "you gatta have the wrap" then just say so and at least post how much commission you stand to gain.

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
This board is getting absolutely so overwhelmed with ricer mentality that I'm just going to come right out and say it to you

...YOU ARE JUST PLAIN FULL OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow CobraKindaGuy!!! Why don't you tell us how you really feel??? But, I think I'll take your advice and keep my AR "Gauze" type filter......

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
It makes no sense switching to a foam filter to stop a few extra micron sized particles when your just going to cause more wear by driving hard or racing anyway. You can't have more performance *and* more filtering, it's a trade off. If your that worried about it you need to use the factory intake pieces and a paper filter. Hell, park it in the garage and don't start it. No particles of any size can get through the filter when the engine's not running.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
The foam filter idea is good, but I look at it like this. How many years has hundreds of thousands (most likely a lot more then that) of cars, ran K&N style filters with no issues?

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
FOAM FILTERS

IT APPEARS THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE THEIR FEELINGS HURT ABOUT THE TRUE FACTS ON K&N TYPE AIR FILTERS BEING DISCLOSED ON THE FORUM. ALL I CAN SAY IS FOR THOSE GETTING THEIR PANTIES IN AN UP ROAR ABOUT THE TRUTH AND THAT K&N FILTERS ARE NOT GOOD. IT IS SAD THAT SOME OF YOU HAVEN'T THE BRAINS TO FIGURE IT OUT, AND WHEN YOUR MOTORS FAIL AND YOUR RINGS GO BAD YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESERVE.

ALL THAT SOME OF US WERE TRYING TO DO WAS "SHARE" THE INFORMATION TO HELP OTHERS. WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE INSULTED BY INMATURE, MISINFORMED, PEOPLE WHO CANNOT PUT TWO & TWO TOGETHER AND REALIZE WHAT WAS SAID IS 100% TRUE. THAT THOSE WHO USE K&N FILTERS ARE TAKING RISKS WITH THEIR MOTORS. IF YOU WANT TO USE K&N FILTERS PLEASE BE MY GUEST AND ENJOY WITH YOUR HEARTS CONTENT TILL YOUR COMPRESSION REACHES ZERO.

GLWBEAR

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Re: FOAM FILTERS

Originally posted by GLWBEAR
IT APPEARS THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE THEIR FEELINGS HURT ABOUT THE TRUE FACTS ON K&N TYPE AIR FILTERS BEING DISCLOSED ON THE FORUM. ALL I CAN SAY IS FOR THOSE GETTING THEIR PANTIES IN AN UP ROAR ABOUT THE TRUTH AND THAT K&N FILTERS ARE NOT GOOD. IT IS SAD THAT SOME OF YOU HAVEN'T THE BRAINS TO FIGURE IT OUT, AND WHEN YOUR MOTORS FAIL AND YOUR RINGS GO BAD YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU DESERVE.

ALL THAT SOME OF US WERE TRYING TO DO WAS "SHARE" THE INFORMATION TO HELP OTHERS. WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE INSULTED BY INMATURE, MISINFORMED, PEOPLE WHO CANNOT PUT TWO & TWO TOGETHER AND REALIZE WHAT WAS SAID IS 100% TRUE. THAT THOSE WHO USE K&N FILTERS ARE TAKING RISKS WITH THEIR MOTORS. IF YOU WANT TO USE K&N FILTERS PLEASE BE MY GUEST AND ENJOY WITH YOUR HEARTS CONTENT TILL YOUR COMPRESSION REACHES ZERO.

GLWBEAR

But yet again, how many engines have failed due to a K&N filter that you know of?

3GROC

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy
Give us a break already with these idiotic comparisons to bulldozers and off-road racing. We drive street cars on concrete and asphalt alright? got the idea yet? is it clear yet, stupid????

Why don't you carpet-bagging charlatains quit using our boards to spread misinformation about products that have been doing the job for 30+ years without any known or proven detriment that renders the engine useless.

You wanna get in bed with those who proclaim "you gatta have the wrap" then just say so and at least post how much commission you stand to gain.

who were u directing that to? I was merely stating a fact taht has been true forever in my business with powersports eqquiptment....

as far as calling me a carpet bagging chalatain for posting my agreeance to a fellow memeber of the board I find taht ludacris...

also boy genius....u dont have to go thru the desert to drive thru fine dust or whatever u call it. concrete dust for instnace or construiction anything...

I find it amusing that you have all this hostiliy posted up because some dude posted that foram filers work better then guaze ones....calm down man

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Re: FOAM FILTERS

Originally posted by GLWBEAR

GLWBEAR

NO YOU ARE NOT "SHARING"....YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL. AND USING SCARE TACTICS ABOUT ENGINE COMPRESSION REACHING ZERO IS JUST PLAIN BULLSHIT.

LIKE I SAID ABOVE...TAKE YOUR "WRAPS" THAT YOU ARE GETTING A COMMISSION ON AND GO HUSTLE YOUR WAY OFF THIS BOARD YOU DAMN CARPET-BAGGER.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by 3GROC
who were u directing that to? I was merely stating a fact taht has been true forever in my business with powersports eqquiptment....

as far as calling me a carpet bagging chalatain for posting my agreeance to a fellow memeber of the board I find taht ludacris...

also boy genius....u dont have to go thru the desert to drive thru fine dust or whatever u call it. concrete dust for instnace or construiction anything...

I find it amusing that you have all this hostiliy posted up because some dude posted that foram filers work better then guaze ones....calm down man

And now all of a sudden after 30 years the K&N is no good? Give me a f**king break. I know a "salesjob" when I hear one....and until you can show PROOF that those contaminants will absolutely take a street car's compression to ZERO while driving under average everyday conditions then go hustle your bullshit somewhere else.

And let me give you a hint about something.....SUCKERS AREN'T BORN HERE ON THIS SVT BOARD EVERYDAY contrary to what you carpet-baggers think.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy

WTF was that????
Is this smack down???
Was that supposed to be a defence of Gauze type filters ????
If you are not interested in high longevity.... and high performance then .....fine!
But I got news for ya...
They can co exsist.....
And due to the high price of admission...
I believe quite a few Terminator owners would be interested in the capabilities of oiled open cellular foam filters or socks for exsisting gauze filters!
Anyone who lives near a construction site.... or two ..... is well aware of the amount of dust on the car after going back and forth to work.
The amount of air going in the engine is not insignificant!
I am very interested in a High flow, high filtration filter....
And one that is just as longlasting as a K&N, and cleanable ..... is just a bonus!

What exactly were you hoping to accomplish, by trashing this idea as noncredible?????

GEEZ! have another beer or something!
Jimmy
:dw:

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Hey, Little Cobra Kinda guy. I supposed your daddy bought you your little Cobra? You sure sound like it. What are you some kind of an IDIOT? Can't you read? Go back and read the posts where guys with 2,000 miles on a fresh oil change did a oil analysis and go HIGH SILICA content in the test results. Not just one guy but a number of guys. OH, I know, your so dumb you don't know what SILICA is? It's sand and dirt stupid!

I'm not selling a damn thing and I couldn't care less if you ran sand in your car. I've done enough "On Road" and "Off Road" racing in the last 50 years to know a mis-informed, rich mommys boy when I see one and your one for sure!

Button your diaper little boy, blow on your snott rag and cry to your mommy about being a idiot and using as K&N.

Oh, are you angry now? are you crying about being so STUPID???

From your all posts and replies you''ve already told everyone how old you are and how inmature you can act. Are we going to hear more from MOMMA'S BOY? OR are you the K&N Answer BOY?

GLWBEAR

:coolman: :nono:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I have had a K&N filter on my truck for nearly 200,000 miles....my truck is fine, and I have been in very dusty conditions. No matter how you cut it, no filter will get rid of 100% of the dust out there. Open cell foam, or oiled gauze....it doesn't matter because you absolutely cannot eliminate it all even if you had Shaper Images ION filter, a Hepa filter, and your foam filter. Dust is going to be ingested into your engine. I have seen alot of guys that use foam filters who have pulled their intakes apart only to find...............................dust. I really don't mind someone trying to push a new product, but atleast give me something tangible as far as major credible tests. Unfortunatly the internet allows alot of people to hide in a veil of lies, of which will allow them to dupe others into believing that such things as electric super chargers, or dial a tuners will really help their cars. Hell you may be the best scientist in the world, and honestly I want to believe that there is alot of truth to what you say, but your gonna have to give me some solid facts and figures for me to marinate over.

Maybe what I said will sit better than what other have, or maybe I said it in a way that better explains what alot of us have questions about. So without futrther adue, I leave the floor to you....amaze me, sell me, show me the money...er the filters.

Users who are viewing this thread