Foam Air Filters--yes, Read On!

BEARCOBRA

2004 Silver Coupe
Established Member
Okay, guys what you read on the Post about K&N Filters is 100% true about being poor and bad air filters. None of the Baja Racers I know ever run K&NJ type filters as they let in way too much DIRT!

Go ti UNIFILTERS or TRUEFLO filters and see what filter will fit your application. I've got foam filters to fit both my APTEN and my STEEDA CAI. I called them and gave them the filter deminsions and they found me filters to fit. I would post the part numbers but I am away from home on a business trip.

ANYONE WHO RUNS A GAUZE TYPE AIR FILTER IS CRAZY AND ASKING FOR FAILURE! K&N filters keep out trees, rocks and little animals, nothing more!

The reason they flow so much air is they are not filtering the air for fine dirt or dust particals.

BEWARE AND GET RID OF YOUR GAUZE AIR FILTERS NOW!

REGARDS,

GLWBEAR
[email protected]

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
People have been using K&N filters in cars for many years. If there were a serious problem, we would have heard about it by now. And unless I plan on doing some baja racing or offroading in the cobra, I think the K&N will do me just fine.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: You sound just like Bush and Cheney......never mind the facts, just keep repeating the message and enough folks will believe you!

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
People have been using K&N filters in cars for many years. If there were a serious problem, we would have heard about it by now. And unless I plan on doing some baja racing or offroading in the cobra, I think the K&N will do me just fine.

maybe it's just that you have not heard about it...

I have heard about it for years now..

everytime I pull a K&N, I'm amazed at the amount of fine dust that got thru the filter

you don't have to get rid if the gause filter just add to it... it can't hurt

I like to use a gause filter along with a "pre-filter"

the more filtering the better I say

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by eiblish
:coolman: You sound just like Bush and Cheney......never mind the facts, just keep repeating the message and enough folks will believe you!

LOL. At least they repeat the SAME message!!!!! Go DUBYA........

03yellow

Established Member
Crazy!

Thank you so much for the information. I really thought I was crazy when using a K&N filter. Why just the other day a found a small deer and a rather large oak tree lodged in my intake.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Think about this. If the aftermarket intake manufacturers who use this type filter couldn't make claims of 20+ rwhp they wouldn't sell many of their systems. Hmmm. :)

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
maybe it's just that you have not heard about it...

I have heard about it for years now..

everytime I pull a K&N, I'm amazed at the amount of fine dust that got thru the filter

you don't have to get rid if the gause filter just add to it... it can't hurt

I like to use a gause filter along with a "pre-filter"

the more filtering the better I say
That kind of logic negates using the K&N. Why not just stick with the stock filter?

"The more filtering, the less air flow", I say. But before anyone tries to follow that statement to it's logical end, I DO NOT ADVOCATE RUNNING NO FILTER! However, IMO, the K&N filter is fine. It's not scientific, but if the K&N was really as bad as these marketers try to make it, then there would be so many scarred cylinder walls that it would have driven K&N off the market a long time ago. Instead, we now have several K&N clones.

As proof, I would like to point out the problems reported with the MAC LT Headers, and that was just a drop in the bucket compared to the number of K&N users.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I think K&N's are find and someone's just out for publicity or to prove a worthless point!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by GLWBEAR
Okay, guys what you read on the Post about K&N Filters is 100% true about being poor and bad air filters. None of the Baja Racers I know ever run K&NJ type filters as they let in way too much DIRT!

ANYONE WHO RUNS A GAUZE TYPE AIR FILTER IS CRAZY AND ASKING FOR FAILURE! K&N filters keep out trees, rocks and little animals, nothing more!

The reason they flow so much air is they are not filtering the air for fine dirt or dust particals.

BEWARE AND GET RID OF YOUR GAUZE AIR FILTERS NOW!

Hmmmm..... throwing more gas on the fire I see.... :lol:

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread