Fml

nemo12

Established Member
My 99 cobra is making a really loud knocking sound idk why i tried doing a burn out and then the car started shaking really bad and now its knocking wtf! What could it be

blacksheep-1

Established Member
OK, I assume it does it at idle and is confined to the engine.....if it's a metallic "rap" it might be valvetrain related a deeper sound is bottom end.

nemo12

Established Member
idk how this happened it has low miles idk how this could happen with such low miles …. my 97 f150 has 250k and still strong! not cool

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Low oil, cold engine, many things can go wrong with an engine, regardless of mileage.
Also, what do you mean, you "tried" doing a burn out?

nemo12

Established Member
since I've owned the car I've never done a burn out so today i did it and then after it started spattering and i heard hard knocking sucks

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
since I've owned the car I've never done a burn out so today i did it and then after it started spattering and i heard hard knocking sucks

How exactly did you initiate the burnout? Clutch dump and brake stand? Spinning from a dig and pegging the revs off the limiter for a few seconds? Don't be embarrassed to answer, people will give you a hard time, but, we all do it from time to time.

71catruck

Established Member
Ya we need to know exactly what you did and how it makeing the noise. I knew someone that did a burn out in a 98 trans am and didn't turn off traction control. It was knocking when she drove but was just the clutch.

nemo12

Established Member
from a stop i reved the car and dumped the clutch … then it started to stall and started shaking really bad thats when the knocking started

Users who are viewing this thread