Flowmaster outlaws! Thoughts?(vids inside)

dynasty_365

Established Member
If anybody lives close to me and wants to take a high quality video of them for people to hear just let me know. Those vids were from my cellphone.

Bud

Established Member
Currently running an offroad-x, jpc over axles, and stock mufflers and think it is loud. Just bought a set of these to run at the track since they are light and cheap...should be interesting.

...and by interesting I mean shitty loud. But hey, cheap and drops 20+ pounds

AAG

Established Member
I like the pricing of the outlaws, but they are just way too loud for my taste.

Anyone here have the flowmaster hushpower exhaust? I've heard a view sound clips and they sound really good, not too loud and have a tough bass sound at idle.

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
I have hushpowers with hearttrobe catback and the sound at w.o.t is unbelieveable. Ill try to post a video soon

cdavila

Established Member
Like them better than my basanni which are just to quiet for me with the heartthrob 3 inch h pipe cat to axle.

Bud

Established Member
Got these to run at the track to cut weight. Tested them out today with no cats or resonators and it is bad enough I won't even be running them at the track. Just as loud as open headers with all the rasp and reverb of a full exhaust system with no cats. I knew it would be bad...but wow. Car sounded a million times better just dumping after the x-pipe

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Got these to run at the track to cut weight. Tested them out today with no cats or resonators and it is bad enough I won't even be running them at the track. Just as loud as open headers with all the rasp and reverb of a full exhaust system with no cats. I knew it would be bad...but wow. Car sounded a million times better just dumping after the x-pipe

Confirmed. No offense Bud, car sounds like a big 'ol bag of ass.

Bud

Established Member
Confirmed. No offense Bud, car sounds like a big 'ol bag of ass.

I was embarrassed driving it over there last night :lol1:. I won't even run that setup for the track, 20lbs aren't worth it. I have a set of gt500's lined up to put on it, at least the weight is on the right end of the car.

Going to be really fun driving it home with the stall converter in it and actually have to bring the rpms up more to get moving. Before I was going just off idle for pulling away from stoplights. Can't wait to get those offa there.

Last edited:

cdavila

Established Member
Do the outlaws have some sort of packing inside like basanni or straight through like loudmouth or louvered inside like the pypes bombs.

Bud

Established Member
They are kind of louvered...basically straight through with some 1/4" rings around the diameter of the pipe. Drove the car again today, and was embarrassed to drive it on the street, but kind of tempted to give them a go at the track. I might hate myself for it, but only one way to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread