Florida SVTPers?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Oh yeah, furniture is expensive as **** anymore. Especially Tommy Bahama stuff. I just went through a whole house redecorate short of the 4 bedrooms in the last 2 years. Master is next I'm told. Put my retirement back a year. lol
Ate at the Tommy Bahama restaurant on 3rd Naples last night with my woman. It’s a great place. Their furniture is legit.
Love the cloths and the people watching downtown is the best.

IMG_2956.jpeg

Last edited:

fitforspeed

Established Member
The no basement thing really ****in sucks.

There are a few older homes around that do have basements, but they are few and far between. Not sure of the price range your looking to be at but I just saw a recent listing come up with 5 bedrooms 4 bath 2829 sq ft, oversized detached garage with storage room above. Lots of concrete drive, older home but looks fully updated. $425k and you could throw a rock and hit the lake.

As for moving your stuff I recommend selling anything you don’t really love. Pack the rest in one of those shipping pod companies containers, then drive your vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
There are a few older homes around that do have basements, but they are few and far between. Not sure of the price range your looking to be at but I just saw a recent listing come up with 5 bedrooms 4 bath 2829 sq ft, oversized detached garage with storage room above. Lots of concrete drive, older home but looks fully updated. $425k and you could throw a rock and hit the lake.

As for moving your stuff I recommend selling anything you don’t really love. Pack the rest in one of those shipping pod companies containers, then drive your vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

All that sounds pretty awesome. were looking for houses built post 2005 though.

Got a couple were looking to put bids on.. waiting to hear something on the first one.

As for moving, thats pretty much where were at. Wife is in full sale mode right now.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
All that sounds pretty awesome. were looking for houses built post 2005 though.

Got a couple were looking to put bids on.. waiting to hear something on the first one.

As for moving, thats pretty much where were at. Wife is in full sale mode right now.
My wife and I have moved many times. We buy houses, stay a few years, then buy another and rent out the old one. It’s worked for us, and we often rent the houses out furnished or sell the furniture. The last couple moves we used a small uhaul Just for the tvs and mattresses and my wife loves our living room couch. You can furnish your whole house on Facebook marketplace if you are patient for pennies on the dollar. We don’t buy couches or mattresses used, but desks, desk chairs, bar stools, dressers, tv consoles etc are very abundant and cheap. We are in a five bedroom house with a sixth room that could be a bedroom just no closet. All of the rooms were pretty bare since our last house was only two bedrooms. Found a guy who was being moved cross country and basically gave up selling the stuff and said first person here with a truck can take everything for free. We got a bedroom set, dinning table, office furniture, and some accessories for free. Only cost me a $120 uhaul van and half a day of my time.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The no basement thing really ****in sucks.

I moved this past year I no longer have a basement. I really don’t miss it. I have a spare room for my stuff and will build a shop outback eventually. Don’t get me wrong the basement was awesome but after patching three different leaks older house one that I caught as it was pouring in never again. My aunt and uncle had a new house built and fought with the builder to fix there’s under warranty it leaked after one year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ate at the Tommy Bahama restaurant on 3rd Naples last night with my woman. It’s a great place. Their furniture is legit.
Love the cloths and the people watching downtown is the best.

View attachment 1792841

Hey buddy I hope all is well with you and the Mrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tezz500

Established Member
Newest stupid insurance game. Don't live within 1000 feet of a fire hydrant, no insurance. Do you people have any clue how many areas here have no city water? Answer, it's a shit load. Getting scary insurance wise here.

Yea quotes on the house we’re buying have ranged between 3-6,000…. Yikes…

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Newest stupid insurance game. Don't live within 1000 feet of a fire hydrant, no insurance. Do you people have any clue how many areas here have no city water? Answer, it's a shit load. Getting scary insurance wise here.
Guess it’s good I have one in my front yard and a fire station within 2 miles.

I ended up getting my renewal down moving to Citizens. security first went from 24xx to 43xx, citizens should be around 2500 when they back credit for the alarm system

Kevinbonds

Established Member
We had progressive and we’re paying $2300 they dropped us. Got a few quotes best was around 5k, citizens was about $3,400 so not too bad.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

Is that regional or state wide?

My dad is already on Citizens so it won't impact him but man that would screw a lot people not in the suburbs.

Tezz500

Established Member
Good, I hope it takes more with it. You find a house yet?

Yep. We’ve actually kinda switched gears. We’re thinking about tryin to find some land and build so we secured a decent sized rental for the time being. Let us catch our breath and be able to scout out exactly what we want and where we want it.

I want this to be our permanent home. Tired of moving and I have no desire to up root again. I wanna do this right and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread