Florida Medical Marijuana

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
Medical Legalization is a good step, but I live in Colorado, and having full recreational legalization is amazing and exactly how it should be everywhere. I just had a 1/12th of a Cheba Chew I bought legally from the local dispensary and I'm about to sleep like a baby. :D

I NEVER smoked weed growing up, and had done it maybe enough times to count on one hand before it was legalized here. I find it much less dangerous than alcohol. I find it a much better experience than being intoxicated with alcohol. You have more control over your actions. Personally, my memory and understanding of "action = consequence" is better with THC than alcohol. There's no hangovers. My motor skills are better than with alcohol (not that I would even consider ever, ever, ever driving or doing anything dangerous with either, but just making the point). It's significantly safer on your body. Being too drunk is damn right dangerous, being too high...oh well, you'll sleep like a baby tonight. A paranoid baby, but a baby nevertheless. It's ridiculous that marijuana isn't legal everywhere in my opinion.

Good work Florida, but it's time we regulate, tax, and legalize it across the country.

Last edited:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
That's awesome. I'm for legalization.

Question: Why is it a big deal if FL jumps ship? (serious question) Does this mean the Feds have to vote again on it or what? (serious question)

Until now, all these efforts had been had been paying off in spades in the NE, West and central states. The southeast is probably the most religously fundamental area in the country. It was always gonna be the hardest states to get. Now, there will be a MMJ state smack in the middle of the bible belt. The SE was essentially the last untouched area for all this.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Medical Legalization is a good step, but I live in Colorado, and having full recreational legalization is amazing and exactly how it should be everywhere. I just had a 1/12th of a Cheba Chew I bought legally from the local dispensary and I'm about to sleep like a baby. :D

I NEVER smoked weed growing up, and had done it maybe enough times to count on one hand before it was legalized here. I find it much less dangerous than alcohol. I find it a much better experience than being intoxicated with alcohol. You have more control over your actions. Personally, my memory and understanding of "action = consequence" is better with THC than alcohol. There's no hangovers. My motor skills are better than with alcohol (not that I would even consider ever, ever, ever driving or doing anything dangerous with either, but just making the point). It's significantly safer on your body. Being too drunk is damn right dangerous, being too high...oh well, you'll sleep like a baby tonight. A paranoid baby, but a baby nevertheless. It's ridiculous that marijuana isn't legal everywhere in my opinion.

Good work Florida, but it's time we regulate, tax, and legalize it across the country.

In regards to employement or work...what are the limitations they put on it? Is it completely off the check list for drug testing at work? how does all of that work? is there any that CANNOT smoke it? Police for example?

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
In regards to employement or work...what are the limitations they put on it? Is it completely off the check list for drug testing at work? how does all of that work? is there any that CANNOT smoke it? Police for example?

I have two jobs. I work for my Univeristy and I am a tech for a dealership and we've had meetings about it at both.

At the Ford Dealer they basically encouraged everyone not to do it, and said if you cause an accident at work, there is still a required drug test (no different than before), and if THC is in your system, you may "be subject to disciplinary action, including, but not limited to termination." Which is insanely different wording than before, where if there was anything in your system, you're fired.

At the University, they still do not allow marijuana on campus at all for anyone, but drug testing is suspended until further notice and they come up with a campus wide decision and policy. My supervisor put it this way: He said unless you operate heavy machinery or vehicles on campus, they likely won't be testing those employees anymore for THC.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Marlboro does not have marijuana cigs ready. Of course people are going to want to buy good weed on the black market. Why pay taxes on it.

Why would anyone go on the black market for 'good' weed if it's nationally available? How many people do you see bootlegging alcohol? No one, because I can go buy it on every corner. The alcohol I buy is highly taxed too. Look at bars and pubs. What's the mark up in price for a bottle of beer? Or better yet how about a watered down vodka soda? I can buy it myself for nearly one fifth the cost yet millions of people buy drinks at bars every year.
Why do you assume MJ would be different?

hoamskilet

Established Member
just legalize the shit nationally already. I've never smoked weed a day in my life yet I still find it laughable that alcohol with all the problems it causes is legal yet weed is not

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Marlboro does not have marijuana cigs ready. Of course people are going to want to buy good weed on the black market. Why pay taxes on it.

Shit, I saw a facebook post a while back and apparently it was fake.

Though It wouldnt surprise me if they didnt. I mean, If I can think of it, and im dumb as shit, theres no way that nobody at Marlboro, a multi-billion dollar company, hasnt either.

And what people are going to go out of the way to find black market tax-free weed? Thats like saying theres still people that go out of their way to get bootlegged alcohol. The **** would anyone do that when theres a BevMo in every city with every type of alcohol you could ever think of. Plus corner markets that sell pretty much all of the most popular brands for cheap.

Nobody is gonna want to deal with Juan their old dealer when they can pick up an ounce while grocery shopping at the same time, just like they would pick up a bottle of JD or a carton of smokes.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

They should still drug test, but THC, like alcohol, would no longer be something you can discriminate against.

And like alcohol, if you are drunk at work, using heavy machinery, driving, etc, you cant do it. Treat MJ the same way, if you run a forklift and run over someones foot and theres ample amount of THC in your system, heres your termination papers.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
They should still drug test, but THC, like alcohol, would no longer be something you can discriminate against.

And like alcohol, if you are drunk at work, using heavy machinery, driving, etc, you cant do it. Treat MJ the same way, if you run a forklift and run over someones foot and theres ample amount of THC in your system, heres your termination papers.

Right.. Mouth swabs only effectively get THC from fat solubles in cheek for 12-24hrs..
Piss test 30+ days

KurtDog

Established Member

Depending on how the laws are written, I would think the vast majority of people would gladly pay taxes and not have to hassle with being arrested. I'm sure there would still be the moonshiners out there, but they would be the exception, not the rule.

I think if MJ was legal it would be something similar to beer and coffee is today. You would have local shops selling their own artesian strains and you would have big MJ and weedbucks selling the weed light and grande versions.

We could legalize it and allow these 'drug dealers' to open up craft shops and generate jobs and tax revenue. Or continue down the path of locking everyone up making them wards of the state. It dumbfounds me that this is even a discussion.

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
Depending on how the laws are written, I would think the vast majority of people would gladly pay taxes and not have to hassle with being arrested. I'm sure there would still be the moonshiners out there, but they would be the exception, not the rule.

I think if MJ was legal it would be something similar to beer and coffee is today. You would have local shops selling their own artesian strains and you would have big MJ and weedbucks selling the weed light and grande versions.

We could legalize it and allow these 'drug dealers' to open up craft shops and generate jobs and tax revenue. Or continue down the path of locking everyone up making them wards of the state. It dumbfounds me that this is even a discussion.

So, legally at my local dispensary, I can purchase a gram of weed for $30 including tax, or $80 for an 1/8th. The street value of those things are about half of that price. As I said, I rarely to almost never smoked or consumed cannabis before it was legal, but if I chose to do it now, I would GLADLY pay a higher price to know I'm getting a quality product (and the legally grown stuff is AMAZING), that was grown and distributed legally, and that the tax dollars on the purchase are going back to fund education here in Colorado.

KurtDog

Established Member
So, legally at my local dispensary, I can purchase a gram of weed for $30 including tax, or $80 for an 1/8th. The street value of those things are about half of that price. As I said, I rarely to almost never smoked or consumed cannabis before it was legal, but if I chose to do it now, I would GLADLY pay a higher price to know I'm getting a quality product (and the legally grown stuff is AMAZING), that was grown and distributed legally, and that the tax dollars on the purchase are going back to fund education here in Colorado.

I would think the market would normalize that. Why would someone sell you a gram for 15 bucks illegally when they can sell to the dispensary for more legally?

At some point I would think the difference in prices between illegal and legal would make most people buy it legally. I'm sure many people could produce tobacco for less than 10 bucks a pack. But I cant remember the last time someone offered me homegrown tobacco. (I don't smoke, I am just making an analogy.)

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

Its going to be interesting...I personally dont have an issue with it and was a teenager like you guys and did my fair sure of enjoying it....however...even if its only a secretary/receptionist position I still dont want my worker on it. It deff affects your personality and motor skills (IMHO) and does NOT make you 100% on the job regardless of what any says. Can I legally not hire someone that has valid script for it? I am assuming it is along the same lines as someone with a oxy script that comes in high as can be on them...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread