Florida: 10 worst places to live.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yes, Florida is terrible. Definitely do not come here. Especially northerners.
That was, and still is the issue. Again, wife and I wanted to stop at the local Beef's for a beer. No parking spots, parking lot is loaded with out of state tags. Found a secret spot on the side of the building. Go inside, bar, the bar area is full and so is all the outside spots, so we leave. I start pissing and moaning, so now my wife is pissed at me. Gonna be a shitty valentines evening. This is starting to happen everytime we go there anymore. They're all 70 years old plus. On the way out I told the manager that I know, that we'll be looking for someplace else. Like I've said, no fun to live here anymore.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I cannot imagine traffic being any worse than the Denver metro area.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I'm sure it's not. Most are two/four lanes each way besides the interstates. They just can't make them any wider. Add a bizillion moving here daily. It's been that way forever too.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Here in Naples it’s prime season from January 1 to April 1. You know it’s going to be crowded everywhere you go. That’s what happens when you live in a desirable area where people go to vacation. I’m used to it though and just don’t go out much to the tourist spots during prime time because it’s not fun.
Growing up on cape cod in the summers it’s exactly the same thing.

My parents bought a place in Florida about 20 years ago on the east coast and my grandparents before that. Most people from the northeast settled on the east coast so I’ve been watching Florida change since the late 80’s and I knew I’d end up here at some point in my life when I could. Most of my family were surprised we chose the west coast but now my dad sees why.

I talk to a lot of old timers and they say that Naples used to be a hidden gem but not no more.

It’s definitely over crowded and they are still building but you have to think rationally.
If you live in a shitty area with no attractions no one will visit. If you want to live in a cold climate with shit politics then you can have a nice low population density.

I blame biden and Covid for all of this. People escaped the tyranny of the northeast and all the mandates etc to come to a free state and Florida is one of the freest states and has the weather. DeSantis made sure of it and basically just did everything the opposite of biden. Made for a pretty easy playbook.

The people that lived in Florida for years before are now some of the most miserable people I’ve ever met. Most of the worst ones are originally from the northeast and hate Florida now.
But that’s the price you pay for living in a place everyone wants to go to. You could almost blame DeSantis for making it too good.
I guess the old timers wanted Florida to stay exactly the same way it was when they arrived. Kind of like North American Indians. Just not realistic.
I get that the old timers hate people like me for moving here and that’s their right. It’ll get them nothing and no where but prolly knock a few years off their life and the beauty of America is that they can just move away.

As far as the bad dangerous places to live in Florida.
Look at some of the safest best places to live in Florida like Naples and then do a quick search on the demographics of those areas and you’ll have your answer. ;)

blucobra03

Established Member
I’ve lived in Florida my entire life (70 years) and lived in many different cities from the Keys, Panhandle, Clearwater, Orlando and now Titusville. In my mind it used to be a great place to live. Then came Disney. After that it started going downhill. Then came the developers buying up all the cow pastures turning them into subdivisions. They’re still doing it and don’t see any signs of slowing. In the meantime all the northerners moved down turning the state into a melting pot of people that don’t care about anything other than themselves and they are polluting everything. What used to be clean roadways now look like trash dumps. And more recently we now have all the Puerto Rican’s, Cubans, and Latino’s from everywhere taking over the state. Hell, if you don’t speak Spanish in some places you’re screwed. I’d venture to say there are about 10% real Floridians left here. Bottom line is the state is now a shithole. All those people that moved here don’t care about the place because they weren’t born here. They brought their shitty attitudes and bad habits with them. Can’t fish anymore because the damn water is so polluted. The Indian River used to be beautiful and full of fish. Not anymore. I’m just waiting till the wife retires and then we’ll be leaving. They can have what’s left with the cost of home insurance, traffic, rising water, increased crime rates, and hurricanes.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
That was, and still is the issue. Again, wife and I wanted to stop at the local Beef's for a beer. No parking spots, parking lot is loaded with out of state tags. Found a secret spot on the side of the building. Go inside, bar, the bar area is full and so is all the outside spots, so we leave. I start pissing and moaning, so now my wife is pissed at me. Gonna be a shitty valentines evening. This is starting to happen everytime we go there anymore. They're all 70 years old plus. On the way out I told the manager that I know, that we'll be looking for someplace else. Like I've said, no fun to live here anymore.

Naples has been this way forever, except instead of just Valentine's imagine from September to Easter. Don't piss and moan, you live in paradise.

One of my favorite bars in Naples, The Parrot, got closed down because the rich didn't like it in their area (Too noisy).

Here in Naples it’s prime season from January 1 to April 1. You know it’s going to be crowded everywhere you go. That’s what happens when you live in a desirable area where people go to vacation. I’m used to it though and just don’t go out much to the tourist spots during prime time because it’s not fun.
Growing up on cape cod in the summers it’s exactly the same thing.

My parents bought a place in Florida about 20 years ago on the east coast and my grandparents before that. Most people from the northeast settled on the east coast so I’ve been watching Florida change since the late 80’s and I knew I’d end up here at some point in my life when I could. Most of my family were surprised we chose the west coast but now my dad sees why.

I talk to a lot of old timers and they say that Naples used to be a hidden gem but not no more.

It’s definitely over crowded and they are still building but you have to think rationally.
If you live in a shitty area with no attractions no one will visit. If you want to live in a cold climate with shit politics then you can have a nice low population density.

I blame biden and Covid for all of this. People escaped the tyranny of the northeast and all the mandates etc to come to a free state and Florida is one of the freest states and has the weather. DeSantis made sure of it and basically just did everything the opposite of biden. Made for a pretty easy playbook.

The people that lived in Florida for years before are now some of the most miserable people I’ve ever met. Most of the worst ones are originally from the northeast and hate Florida now.
But that’s the price you pay for living in a place everyone wants to go to. You could almost blame DeSantis for making it too good.
I guess the old timers wanted Florida to stay exactly the same way it was when they arrived. Kind of like North American Indians. Just not realistic.
I get that the old timers hate people like me for moving here and that’s their right. It’ll get them nothing and no where but prolly knock a few years off their life and the beauty of America is that they can just move away.

As far as the bad dangerous places to live in Florida.
Look at some of the safest best places to live in Florida like Naples and then do a quick search on the demographics of those areas and you’ll have your answer. ;)

Sorry brother, but you gotta go back :D
All jokes aside, there is no "Season" in Naples anymore. Used to be us locals could get nice discounts on golf and rent venues from the end of May till about September. That is unfortunately no longer the case.

If you want a taste of that old Naples feel, I suggest a drive out to Everglades City for a day. Have a sitdown at Triad or City Seafood and have a nice chill day.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Naples has been this way forever, except instead of just Valentine's imagine from September to Easter. Don't piss and moan, you live in paradise.

One of my favorite bars in Naples, The Parrot, got closed down because the rich didn't like it in their area (Too noisy).

Sorry brother, but you gotta go back :D
All jokes aside, there is no "Season" in Naples anymore. Used to be us locals could get nice discounts on golf and rent venues from the end of May till about September. That is unfortunately no longer the case.

If you want a taste of that old Naples feel, I suggest a drive out to Everglades City for a day. Have a sitdown at Triad or City Seafood and have a nice chill day.
I go to Everglades city, Chokoloskee, Goodland etc to get away.

And I agree. It’s paradise I love where I am and thanks for the recommendations.

Where are you in Naples.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
I go to Everglades city, Chokoloskee, Goodland etc to get away.

And I agree. It’s paradise I love where I am and thanks for the recommendations.

Where are you in Naples.
Used to live down in East Naples 5 minutes away from 5th Ave, but ended up moving to North Naples after Irma. Where did you move to?

Also, if you want some good farm roads to stretch your cars legs, I recommend driving out towards South Bay or Lakeland. You can have some fun out in the estates towards Ave Maria, but sometimes there are patrols.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
My parents always had a second vacation condo/home in Florida since the 80's. West Palm Beach/Royal Palm in the mid 80's, Jupiter in the 90's. They settled in Vero Beach on the ocean in 2000. They love it there because it's a quiet beach town. Not much of a tourist attraction, not much there, hour and a half from the airport.

I have friends that have homes on Marco Island which is very nice, very expensive and the old people complain. We've had cops show up for playing music too loud around my buddies pool smh. I'll end up owning a second home in Florida in the next 5 years. Not sure where just yet.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Used to live down in East Naples 5 minutes away from 5th Ave, but ended up moving to North Naples after Irma. Where did you move to?

Also, if you want some good farm roads to stretch your cars legs, I recommend driving out towards South Bay or Lakeland. You can have some fun out in the estates towards Ave Maria, but sometimes there are patrols.
I am in the Berkshire lakes region. Off Radio and Santa Barbara. Tons of green space so I hang around here a lot in season. My gym is right across the street from my community. We are very happy here and bought before the COVID insanity.
My wife talks about moving to Marco some day. Not sure if this is a smart move or not.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
I am in the Berkshire lakes region. Off Radio and Santa Barbara. Tons of green space so I hang around here a lot in season. My gym is right across the street from my community. We are very happy here and bought before the COVID insanity.
My wife talks about moving to Marco some day. Not sure if this is a smart move or not.

I don't spend a lot of time down in Marco. Personally, living so close to the coast/water wasn't worth it for me. I didn't want to have to worry about flooding, but this is my primary residence so your tolerance to that may differ.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yes, plenty of spots in WPB where you have beachside mansions 1/2 mile from absolute ghettos. It is wild.

Yup. People don’t realize how a bridge is literally like 8 mile.

Hell.. Delray. Flat out ballers there…. But then you go east and ooooof.

Downtown WPB.. sooooo much money, and so much ghetto.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I spent 24 years down there

Its crazy like you have Jupiter.. normal people , cross into Jupiter island.. bam Celine dion , and Tiger Woods

Wellington…. Normal people , go through gate. Bill Gates.

Lake worth, family community until you go downtown then you don’t go after dark

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
I don't spend a lot of time down in Marco. Personally, living so close to the coast/water wasn't worth it for me. I didn't want to have to worry about flooding, but this is my primary residence so your tolerance to that may differ.
Yes my home is not in a flood zone but all of Marco is. We are talking about a 10 year window if we do move there so we’ll do the research but there are lots of things I love about that island. But it is at sea level.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
anybody have any input on the Ocala area? My wife is big in the horse community

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

One of my favorite bars in Naples, The Parrot, got closed down because the rich didn't like it in their area (Too
I know, same here all the time. No season really anymore. I was just mentioning yesterday as an example.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
We have jammed and really f'n jammed here, so you could say technically, "season".

Users who are viewing this thread