floor mats?

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
I'd look at your invoice and see if it says Floormats on it then go back to the dealership and ask for some...

--Matt

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Ford has a set with little snakes on them. Do a search, I've posted the link to the web page. Reasonably priced, I thought...

The Ford ones are for a 01 Cobra, and have been discontinued. You may be able to still find a set in a dealers warehouse though... This is what I got and they look great, also a set of 4.

Zinc03

Established Member
I thought all Cobras came with mats. I replaced them with the artermarket mats with the large snake described by others above. The aftermarket mats are much better quality,

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Originally posted by DD2000GT
The Ford ones are for a 01 Cobra, and have been discontinued. You may be able to still find a set in a dealers warehouse though... This is what I got and they look great, also a set of 4.

You sure they were discontinued? I went to my dealership and got a set recently - they had to order them - didn't have them in stock. They placed the order 2 weeks ago, I got them one week ago...

I also inquired about ordering more in the future (if these get all crappy and I want a new set)... he said he could get more no problem...

GNasty

Established Member
I purchased mine from the ford dealership. In paid 48 dollars for mine. The part number is here somewhere, just do a search. Hope this helps!

Kyle

NCStanger

Established Member
I went back to dealer and complained and told the head sales guy in front of all of his co-workers that I couldn't believe he wouldn't throw in a set of floor mats after I just bought a $36K car from him after mark-up and he flat turned me down. Also told him that I wouldn't come back for service or parts their ever for not "giving" me some cobra mats. 3 days later he called me and ordered me some for free. Wooo hooo. He stood his ground in front of his sales people, but realized I was serious later I guess. I learned you should always get that kinda stuff thrown in BEFORE you sign any deal with them, then you will get it no hassle probably. My .02

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by dmreitz
You sure they were discontinued? I went to my dealership and got a set recently - they had to order them - didn't have them in stock. They placed the order 2 weeks ago, I got them one week ago...

I also inquired about ordering more in the future (if these get all crappy and I want a new set)... he said he could get more no problem...

That's what Ford said. They buy them now from a aftermarket supply company. Do a search on the subject - some time ago the genuine Ford part number was listed on a post - if it is the original 01 Cobra mat, it will have this part number and the "FORD" logo on the box the mats come in.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I got mats with my Cobra (delivered in January) but they weren't the best quality I've seen. So I bought a much better (very plush) set from AllFordStuff.com. Here's a pic. The cost was $89. for a set of four. Not cheap, but neither is the quality of the mats. I bought the charcoal gray set.
FloorMats.jpg

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
CobraBob - Now do the mats from AllFordStuff.com match our interior? I have been looking at ordering those and I want something that matches as close as possible. I have yet to see them in person.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I didn't like those due to the red in them. Nothing on or in my car has red. When I first went to order my mats i wanted them to match the interior. Couldn't get the color I wanted. So I ordered the midnight black instead. Initially I didn't like them cause they were black. My car has numerous black add on and tones to it so the black floor mats I came to like. Everything is in harmony. I paid right around $80 for mine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03blacksnake
CobraBob - Now do the mats from AllFordStuff.com match our interior? I have been looking at ordering those and I want something that matches as close as possible. I have yet to see them in person.
The color matches perfectly. What really hit me was how plush they are compared to the stock mats. So I use the stock mats for daily driving (what little of that there is) and use the new mats for shows and cruises.
:burnout:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by CuLaTeR
I didn't like those due to the red in them. Nothing on or in my car has red. When I first went to order my mats i wanted them to match the interior. Couldn't get the color I wanted. So I ordered the midnight black instead. Initially I didn't like them cause they were black. My car has numerous black add on and tones to it so the black floor mats I came to like. Everything is in harmony. I paid right around $80 for mine.
I wanted a Cobra on my mat and thought the red was just enough to set it off. It isn't that much red. Just enough to get noticed. Besides, our blah interiors could surely use a bit of color or texture.
:rollseyes

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Users who are viewing this thread