Floor Mats Tearing Carpet?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I recently installed ACC mats in my 04 to keep the OEM ones in good shape. Unfortunately, the ACC mats are a bit longer than OEM and the floor mat clip/hook moves quite a bit. This results in constantly adjusting the mat during a drive to keep it way from hitting my clutch pedal.

Would love suggestions on how to keep the clip/hook on the carpet from moving. It looks like overtime this has somewhat ripped/stretched that area. One person suggested an aftermarket floor mat clip. My preference would be to fix the oem setup. I don't need a new oem clip/hook since it is not broken.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/floor-mats-tearing-carpet.525051/

Last edited:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Floormats.

The problem I am having is with the nice floor mats (the ACC brand that is highly recommended). They are a tad longer than OEM. Combine that with the floor clip/hook not being solid and it's bad news. Trying to resolve that and not purchase more mats :)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The problem I am having is with the nice floor mats (the ACC brand that is highly recommended). They are a tad longer than OEM. Combine that with the floor clip/hook not being solid and it's bad news. Trying to resolve that and not purchase more mats :)

Users who are viewing this thread