Flat Earthers - I don't get it, at all.

slow poke

Established Member
Why the **** is this even a thing. The earth is round. These people need to keep their stupid ****ing theories to themselves. When you truly prove the earth is flat come forth with your evidence, and not youtube shit which is clickbait.

People really don't want to hear about this trash. It's a waste of time to even have a discussion about. Why do people always want to think they know something no one else knows. You ****ing don't

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
What math?

Why can I see San Antonio mountain in Northern NM from 5 miles north of Saguache, CO? 95 miles.

I can also stand on the east edge of Center, CO on Hwy 112 and see a flashing stop sign at the junction of Hwy 112 and Hwy 17. 12 miles. This should be hidden by 57 feet of curvature.

Last edited:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Please tell me that you are just messing with me to have some fun.

I don't need to provide numbers. The numbers are available, but I am looking at things through logic. We live on a ball. Global travel alone proves this. You can go East or West non stop. You will keep passing the same places.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Partly for fun. I'm not disputing anything you said because I don't have any facts against them. I'm simply asking a simple question from my observations. Can you take five minutes and prove me wrong?

blk02edge

Established Member
Why the **** is this even a thing. The earth is round. These people need to keep their stupid ****ing theories to themselves. When you truly prove the earth is flat come forth with your evidence, and not youtube shit which is clickbait.

People really don't want to hear about this trash. It's a waste of time to even have a discussion about. Why do people always want to think they know something no one else knows. You ****ing don't
They are currently setting sail for an expedition to the ice wall at the edge of the earth. And dont forget, Australia isnt real.

rwleonard

Established Member
Why can I see San Antonio mountain in Northern NM from 5 miles north of Saguache, CO? 95 miles.

I can also stand on the east edge of Center, CO on Hwy 112 and see a flashing stop sign at the junction of Hwy 112 and Hwy 17. 12 miles. This should be hidden by 57 feet of curvature.
Assuming this is even valid: How about because the curvature between those two points is less than the overall average?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Partly for fun. I'm not disputing anything you said because I don't have any facts against them. I'm simply asking a simple question from my observations. Can you take five minutes and prove me wrong?
Here are the numbers you need, and the reason why you can see things beyond what you think you should be able to.

David Senesac Visual Line of Sight Calculations dependent on Earth's Curvature

It's easier to post the link than type out the math.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
It's easier to post the link than type out the math.

A quote from your article.

"For a person's eyes at a height of 5 feet above the water on the south shore, a streetlight at night on the north shore needs to be up on a nearby hill at least 370 feet above the shore, else it is below the horizon."

This seems exactly like what I'm talking about...

Except for the fact that I can see the stop light and the mountain.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
A quote from your article.

"For a person's eyes at a height of 5 feet above the water on the south shore, a streetlight at night on the north shore needs to be up on a nearby hill at least 370 feet above the shore, else it is below the horizon."

This seems exactly like what I'm talking about...

Except for the fact that I can see the stop light and the mountain.
The math and light refraction adds up. We don't live on a tennis ball, we live on a planet.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Assuming this is even valid: How about because the curvature between those two points is less than the overall average?

What do you mean valid? I'm not lying about it. It's an interesting theory that there are flat spots on a ball. I'm not sure if it could be correct or not. If so, a corresponding spot on the ball would have to have more curvature than the average. Right?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
What do you mean valid? I'm not lying about it. It's an interesting theory that there are flat spots on a ball. I'm not sure if it could be correct or not. If so, a corresponding spot on the ball would have to have more curvature than the average. Right?
I will give you this; the earth has mountains and valleys. The oceans have swells. Not everything is as consistent as a bowling ball. Technically you are placing the earth under a microscope. Once you step back and look at things from a plane, or the space station, the earth is a nice round ball.

The earth is not flat.

FJohnny

Established Member
I don't generally dabble in these conspiracy theories because I'm usually too busy deciding what to have for dinner that night. But this is riveting.

I was squarely in the ball shaped earth theory when first seeing this thread. Then capnkirk52 questioned it and got me thinking. So, I figured why not put this to rest once and for all. I walked outside into the middle of my cul-de-sac and looked around.

Gotta admit, pretty damn flat out there. Even weirder, I looked more or less south and damned if I can't see that same mountain he's talking about. Over 1000 miles away. Never even noticed it before! To be fair, I couldn't see the stoplight. So.....

Chalk this one up to 100% inconclusive.

Oh, in case you're wondering, it's beef tenderloin, onion rings, mushrooms, little potatoes and Caesar salad for tonight's feed.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I don't generally dabble in these conspiracy theories because I'm usually too busy deciding what to have for dinner that night. But this is riveting.

Laugh if you want. I don't mind. I said I'm not an advocate for either. Just observations.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

I was squarely in the ball shaped earth theory when first seeing this thread. Then capnkirk52 questioned it and got me thinking. So, I figured why not put this to rest once and for all. I walked outside into the middle of my cul-de-sac and looked around.

Gotta admit, pretty damn flat out there. Even weirder, I looked more or less south and damned if I can't see that same mountain he's talking about. Over 1000 miles away. Never even noticed it before! To be fair, I couldn't see the stoplight. So.....

Chalk this one up to 100% inconclusive.

Oh, in case you're wondering, it's beef tenderloin, onion rings, mushrooms, little potatoes and Caesar salad for tonight's feed.
OK, I'm out. Canadian logic is being used. I have to watch from a distance.

FJohnny

Established Member
Laugh if you want. I don't mind. I said I'm not an advocate for either. Just observations.

??? You say not an advocate for either. I say 100% inconclusive. I think you'll find if you read the comments again that I'm you biggest (and only) supporter.

You owe me an apology. But now that you have hurt my feelings I don't want it. And you will not be getting an invite for dinner. So don't ask.

Users who are viewing this thread