Flashing airbag light?

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
code 12 is low battery voltage, but with both the code and the audible tones, I would just find another module and try it . Just bolt the new module to the brackets and plug it in , should work if there are no other problems.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
hey gues great post mine is the same way falshes 3 times pause then once

code 31??? any one

thanks guys

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
there is No code 31. check it to be sure what you have , there is 21, 41, and 51 but no 31.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
code 41 high resistance in the primary crash sensor. check the crash sensor mounted on the radiator support , between the radiator and the front bumper, next to the hood latch.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
checked it un mounted it cleaned electrical connection re mounted still flashing do you ahve to clear the code after you fix the problem ???

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
no reset, but check the other sensors as well , there is one hidden in the lh quarter panel. I can get you the service manual check list if you need it?

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
so i followed all the wires and come to find out the pass side and center sensors are not even pluged in !!!! only problem is i cant find out where they plug into i have no wires any where i was thinking the length of the wires it looks like they might go up to the pass. side fender but cant find plugs ?>???

can some one look and see where there 2 sensors plug into

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
the left and right sensors plug in on the strut tower, the left connector is just below the ignition coil and the right is just below the mass air meter. look for a white two wire connector.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
the left and right sensors plug in on the strut tower, the left connector is just below the ignition coil and the right is just below the mass air meter. look for a white two wire connector.

im working on locating them my cobra doesnt have ac/ so there for all the wires i have zip tied up and tucked up behind the back of the intake on the fire wall to keep the engine bay clean looking.. have to searck through them all to see where the 2 connectors are . thanks for all your help if i dont hook them back up im jsut going to take the bulb out now that i know what they are... because i really dont want that big ball of wires running through the engine bay...

michaelhogshoot

can't find reset connector?

On some sites everyone says its under the glove box. This may be true on some Mustangs, but if you can't find it(especially on the 93's), I've got good news! I found the blasted thing! It's mounted on top of the airbag control unit, behind the radio and thermal control. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread