Flashing airbag light?

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
count the number of flashes look for short and long pauses. example flash,flash,flash,pause,flash,flash long pause = 32 each will repeat 3 times, then the next code will flash if there is a second code.

Last edited:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
ok will count the flashes tomorrow. No the airbag hasnt been deployed. It started happening after my msd box went south on me.Dont know of it shrted something out or what.

Joe

Trainman

Established Member
Sounds like the clock-spring went bad in the steering wheel. Its about a $80 part from a dealer. Does it ding and flash?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
If it's code 32, it's a clock spring.

The 5* codes are just error codes that can be cleared up with a paper clip or wire by shorting the system. The site explains how to do this. I've fixed multiple air bag codes on diff cars due to that site.

BTW, read the instructions VERY carefully.

fivestangs

Established Member
If it's code 32, it's a clock spring.

The 5* codes are just error codes that can be cleared up with a paper clip or wire by shorting the system. The site explains how to do this. I've fixed multiple air bag codes on diff cars due to that site.

BTW, read the instructions VERY carefully.

.....I know I'm getting old, but..am I missing the link to this site with the instructions?? :??:

I'm getting a 52 or 53.. whichever is the one that says my battery backup is bad... if there is a way to fix this that doesnt involve putting a new battery in, I'm all for it :rockon:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
52 means that the backup power supply voltage boost is at fault, either the control module is bad, the sensor in the lh quarter panel is bad, or there is short in part of the circuit.

53 means that the control module has a internal failure = replace

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
code 34 is, driver side air bag circuit low resistance or shorted.
possible causes = poorly mated clockspring / air bag connector, damaged shorting bar in the connector, a short in the clockspring windings, or a short across the air bag terminals within the airbag.

to check the clockspring disconnect the airbag, then diconnect the clockspring below/behind the dash at base of column, then measure resistance across clocksprin connector , it should read infinite / open . if you need full testing proceedure let me know.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member

01SVT_TruBLu

Great info guys....don't mean to hijack, but as I stated earlier I was about to post the same question.

On my 93 cobra, the airbag light flashes and dings 5 times. there are times that when I am driving, it will ding 3 times the it seems like it gets interrupted on the fourth ding and i get half a ding then it stops.

can someone please help narrow down the issue?

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
well there is no code "5". and if you are hearing the ding that means your indicator light is not working. when the dash indicator light is not working the diagnostic monitor will put out a series of 5 dings , 5 times. so if you hear the dings and the dash light is still working , i would try a different airbag diagnostic module . it is located under the dash mounted to the floor just below the radio area..

Last edited:

01SVT_TruBLu

well there is no code "5". and if you are hearing the ding that means your indicator light is not working. when the dash indicator light is not working the diagnostic monitor will put out a series of 5 dings , 5 times. so if you hear the dings and the dash light is still working , i would try a different airbag diagnostic module . it is located under the dash mounted to the floor just below the radio area..

Based on the info above I have two things going on. Code 12 (airbag light flashes) and the 5 dings.

when you refer to the "dash indicator light" i assume you mean the airbag light or any indicator light? If so then it looks like I need to try a different airbag module. Is this something I can find on ebay? or can this be reset by the dealer?

Thanks again for your help on this :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread