Flaming river manual steering box/ man brakes

acdrew

Established Member
Hello everyone,

I have currently decided to turn my car into a weekend cruiser/drag car. I have a 1996 cobra. I am at the point where I am taking out as much weight as possible to bring my times down in the 1/4 mile. I would like to get into the 12's without doing a gear swap. I am not sure if this is possible but I will try. Last time I raced I ran a 13.7 on street tires before I started taking weight out and did under drive pulleys/ flaming river conversion. I know i have taken out once this is said and done about 300lbs. Is there any tips on actually doing the conversion to manual brakes. I have a aerospace master cylinder but was looking for tips on redoing the hardlines

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I can live with manual brakes, but manual steer is a little funny with a heavy car in a car show parking lot. comments fly as you crank on the wheel.

acdrew

Established Member
I have heard the flaming river steering box improves the feel of the steering on the sn95 once moving. My steering box was on it's way out anyways. I never really liked the feel of my power steering. It was loose feeling and required alot of input or rotation to turn the car. I am planning a turbo conversion next year and wanted to unclutter my engine bay as well and drop weight off the front considering I am adding over another 100lbs to the front.

Users who are viewing this thread