Before
med_gallery_4_12_88580.jpg

After
med_gallery_4_12_119472.jpg

med_gallery_4_12_40823.jpg

denali_on_26's

I have a traction problem
Established Member
i port-matched mine and also smoothed the whole inside and all the runners to mine.... it took me 3 days on and off..lol.. its not as easy as it looks

ps i bet wal-mart hates me i went through 2 drimmel tools doing it

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
Nice job.:thumbsup:

How long did it take you to grind out the intake ports?

I need to do this to my 2000 intake while I'm off work between Christmas and New Years day. I have an air grinder and bits. I've had the built engine in my truck for a little over a year but never got around to porting the lower intake.

I've thought about painting the lower intake white on the bottom and flat black on the top. I would also paint the KB (2.3) and upper intake flat black.
The white would reflect the heat coming off the valley of the engine and the heads that would soak into the intercooler. Black is suppose to disipate heat better, so that is why everything above would be black. Just a thought.

Exdecuk

Established Member
Out of interest, what sort of improvements are we looking at here, noticable butt dyno improvements or just something to add to the mod list ? :??:

FordFanStan

Established Member
We port match and smooth the runners on most of our built engines. Once you really start making power is where this will be noticable, remember every little bit counts. After we port and smooth then we weld a bung in for the crossover... Stan

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
We port match and smooth the runners on most of our built engines. Once you really start making power is where this will be noticable, remember every little bit counts. After we port and smooth then we weld a bung in for the crossover... Stan

by chance would it be possible to score a manifold from you guys direct Stan?
I know JDM offers them on their built engines...but its like a $1000 option or some junk.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member

Exactly, At one point, you have to "start collecting penny's" so to speak. Alot of tiny little things add up

We paid abuddy of mine that used to do the porting for Dvorak machine(dodge outfit)

Exdecuk

Established Member
This bung you mentioned is that like the "Turtles" that were fitted below the throttle body to the base of the inlet manifolds on Dodge Magnum engines so the air flowed better to all cylinder runners ? All this Ford talk is all new to me :shrug:

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
This bung you mentioned is that like the "Turtles" that were fitted below the throttle body to the base of the inlet manifolds on Dodge Magnum engines so the air flowed better to all cylinder runners ? All this Ford talk is all new to me :shrug:

I think, he means coolant crossover.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Coolant Crossover Mod-Look in the How To section. :beer:

I port matched the lower for the heads but didn't touch the runners on mine. That one looks GOOD.

Users who are viewing this thread