FL-820S filter & 5w-30 Motorcraft oil

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Bummer, i had noticed they rarely have 5w30 on the shelf around me, but usually they had the 5w20. No motorcraft at all though? I was just there last week getting Mobil 1 for my car, didn't even look for mc that day.

LDC2335

Established Member
I run mobile 1 and get my Motorcraft filters on Amazon.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
WTF! Walmart stopped carrying the Motorcraft filters and oil? I went to 2 different ones.:bash:

If they are now stocking Purolator filters or Bosch filters, go ahead and pick one up, as Purolator makes the Motorcraft oil filter.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Or order a bunch of Motorcraft oil filters from Tousley or Tasca Ford. Even Amazon (like LDC2335 does) or Ebay.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Anymore I just purchase them off of Amazon. I watch my mileage and order it a few days before needing to change the oil. With day 2-day free shipping due to my Prime account it cheaper and more convenient than going to the store :)

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Bummer, i had noticed they rarely have 5w30 on the shelf around me, but usually they had the 5w20. No motorcraft at all though? I was just there last week getting Mobil 1 for my car, didn't even look for mc that day.

They had 5w-20 and diesel oil and other motorcraft filters but no 5w-30 or my filter. Was not even tagged for a spot on the shelf.

Do you use 5w-20 sometimes?

Last edited:

laddanator

Established Member
I used to use only Motorcraft oil but I found the Mobil1 to be a better oil. Mobil1 isn't as black when I change it like the Motorcraft was.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
motorcraft is a blended oil- why are ya'll using that? if you're too cheap to use good oil just use Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic. /end rant

SVT CAMR

Established Member
motorcraft is a blended oil- why are ya'll using that? if you're too cheap to use good oil just use Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic. /end rant

Hey! I do 1K-2K mile oil changes! No need for the expensive stuff. I just put 6 quarts of Valvoline in the beast. My motor will not be seeing extreme duty anymore.

I use to use Full synthetic Mobile 1 for the first 40K. The last 2 years it has been Pennzoil, Quaker State, Motorcraft and now Valvoline.

Yesterday I stood there looking at oil for like 10 minutes. I was like WTF are you doing????? Grab something and quit mind F&*King your self.

The same $16.95 valvoline oil at walmart was $22 on sale at O'Reilly's (26 not on sale).
They wanted almost $6 for a quart of Motorcraft. Thats more than Mobile 1

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I work at Walmart and we still carry it because that's the oil I use and I know we still carry those filters. But I use Bosche

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
They had 5w-20 and diesel oil and other motorcraft filters but no 5w-30 or my filter. Was even tagged for a spot on the shelf.

Do you use 5w-20 sometimes?

I use 5w30 Mobil 1 in the cobra. I use 5w20 in my truck and a few other family members vehicles that I service for them. It seems many times they will have one but not the other in stock at Wal mart. I use wix filters on my car, motorcraft on everything else pretty much.

1hot281

Established Member

Motorcraft Synthetic Blend is a damn good oil. Check out the UOAs over on the Bobistheoilguy forums.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
all the oils mentioned here are great. i do prefer penzoil ultra as its generally regarded as the best off the shelf oil you can get at the moment.

walmart and pepboys usually carry it.

for filters, i prefer the M1/K&N filters, though wix makes a great standard filter.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend is a damn good oil. Check out the UOAs over on the Bobistheoilguy forums.

i do prefer penzoil ultra as its generally regarded as the best off the shelf oil you can get at the moment.

Exactly. Motorcraft synthetic blend is a great oil. I use a Purolator Pure One filter though, as it isn't all that expensive and overprices and offers great performance. I'm done using Mobil 1 though, it isn't as great as it used to be. I've heard that their oil burns easier than others and when I switched to Castrol Syntec my oil consumption dropped. No more Mobil 1 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread