Fixing to put on mmr imrc deletes. Got some questions

CzchMex

Established Member
I just replaced my IMRCs with the deletes. I upgraded my injectors and rebuilt (seals) them as they were used. I also took the time to clean out the oil that managed to make it into the intake. With no oil separator I had quite a bit.

Once I program my IMRCs out I will have a perfectly functioning controller as well. My fault lied in the side bearings of the IMRCs. Was leaking air and causing a hanging idle.

But for now I have it plugged in and springs attached to the cables so the car still thinks they are there - giving me my spark advance after 3k RPMs

Tillerman77

Established Member
I just replaced my IMRCs with the deletes. I upgraded my injectors and rebuilt (seals) them as they were used. I also took the time to clean out the oil that managed to make it into the intake. With no oil separator I had quite a bit.

Once I program my IMRCs out I will have a perfectly functioning controller as well. My fault lied in the side bearings of the IMRCs. Was leaking air and causing a hanging idle.

But for now I have it plugged in and springs attached to the cables so the car still thinks they are there - giving me my spark advance after 3k RPMs
If you don't want to buy a tuner to handle that issue, there is this item from Mark Olson/Accutach.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
FYI, You will probably lose a little low end torque if you delete your IMRCs without a custom tune. But I did the relay circuit for people who don't want a custom tune for their IMRC deletes.

CzchMex

Established Member
If you don't want to buy a tuner to handle that issue, there is this item from Mark Olson/Accutach.

You're correct. I found the post on how to build it a while back, but never saw that I could buy it. Didn't want to take the time to build it because I will have it tuned out but haven't made it to a tuner yet. The SCT handheld that I have doesn't have a setting to remove them.

So your saying with this you won't lose any low end torque?

Sent from my LG-H900 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Low end torque you will still lose some of. Higher RPM power is where the loss would be. The runners open at 3k-ish RPM and when they open the computer advances the spark curve. This advance adds power to the car. If the computer senses that the runners do not open (or are stuck) then it will retard the timing instead of advance. Causing a loss of higher end power.

Adding the springs on mine allows the IMRC controller to still "think" they are still there - giving me my timing advance after 3k RPM.

jgt58

Established Member
You're correct. I found the post on how to build it a while back, but never saw that I could buy it. Didn't want to take the time to build it because I will have it tuned out but haven't made it to a tuner yet. The SCT handheld that I have doesn't have a setting to remove them.

Low end torque you will still lose some of. Higher RPM power is where the loss would be. The runners open at 3k-ish RPM and when they open the computer advances the spark curve. This advance adds power to the car. If the computer senses that the runners do not open (or are stuck) then it will retard the timing instead of advance. Causing a loss of higher end power.

Adding the springs on mine allows the IMRC controller to still "think" they are still there - giving me my timing advance after 3k RPM.
You don't need a custom tuner. Did you get your tuner from American muscle? Bama can tune it out for you

CzchMex

Established Member
You don't need a custom tuner. Did you get your tuner from American muscle? Bama can tune it out for you

Unfortunately not. It was a some Cyber Monday special that if you purchased the SCT you would get FRPP diff gears for free. So I've had the tuner way before the vendors started offering tunes.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Whoever you bought your SCT handheld from can email you a new tune with the IMRCs turned off. Most vendors won't charge you for it because it is so easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread