Fixing SN-95 big brake bias: 14" 13-14 GT500 rear rotors on IRS + bias calculator for common brakes

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
Anyone using an adjustable brake proportion valve with their brake set-up?
I currently I have the ATS Brembo calipers w/ 03 Cobra front rotors and 03 Cobra rears and have the proportion valve all the way open - fronts will lock up if not careful. Car is front end heavy too.

Well I plan on having the XTS Brembo calipers w/ 07-12 GT500 fronts rotors and 03 Cobra calipers w/ 13-14 GT500 rear rotors.

Basically, do I need the proportion valve?

03HP

Established Member
I currently I have the ATS Brembo calipers w/ 03 Cobra front rotors and 03 Cobra rears and have the proportion valve all the way open - fronts will lock up if not careful. Car is front end heavy too.

Well I plan on having the XTS Brembo calipers w/ 07-12 GT500 fronts rotors and 03 Cobra calipers w/ 13-14 GT500 rear rotors.

Check your bias without the proportioning valve here: SN-95 Mustang Brake Bias Calculator

For a 94-04 Mustang, you want your front bias to be 70-75%. Likely, you don’t need the proportioning valve unless you’re trying to fine tune the braking on the racetrack.

ATS front works good with Cobra rear and fine with GT500 rear.
XTS front works great with GT500 rear.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Is this going in a Foxbody?
Regardless I like the adj. proportioning valve to fine tune to watch you and the car wants. Likely once sent probably not something to mess with much.
-J

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
Is this going in a Foxbody?
Regardless I like the adj. proportioning valve to fine tune to watch you and the car wants. Likely once sent probably not something to mess with much.
-J
Yeah, it's in a Fox with a Terminator and nose heavy. Right no the valve is all the way open so not doin anything. I thought about removing it once I do the XTS 14" / Cobra 13" combo.

Users who are viewing this thread