first z/28 review

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
No thanks, if it were the same price as a GT500 I'd still take the Mustang. Seriously, unless you are a really good driver would you be able to push the car to the little bit of handling difference? I think the average driver would be able to get through the track faster in a GT500.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
no thanks, if it were the same price as a gt500 i'd still take the mustang. Seriously, unless you are a really good driver would you be able to push the car to the little bit of handling difference? I think the average driver would be able to get through the track faster in a gt500.

lol, wut?

Rct851

Established Member
There's no doubt it's badass, but like the article states you would have to specifically want THAT car. Being over 3800lbs and not having a/c, sounds deadening and other comforts is a failure in my eyes. If this was 10 years ago it would be the American king, lucky for us there just happen to be better options right now.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
There's no doubt it's badass, but like the article states you would have to specifically want THAT car. Being over 3800lbs and not having a/c, sounds deadening and other comforts is a failure in my eyes. If this was 10 years ago it would be the American king, lucky for us there just happen to be better options right now.

It's a failure? Lol....it's made for a somewhat elite buyer....to have as a toy/track car. We aren't talking abôut a DD that someone would buy to commute 75 miles a day in shirt and tie.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Pretty cool all of the steps they took to save weight.

Neat read and neat car.

Thanks for posting that up OP

Rct851

Established Member
It's a failure? Lol....it's made for a somewhat elite buyer....to have as a toy/track car. We aren't talking abôut a DD that someone would buy to commute 75 miles a day in shirt and tie.

My point was why is it still over 3800lbs if it's a "toy/track" car.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
My point was why is it still over 3800lbs if it's a "toy/track" car.

the platform itself is the problem. Theyre supposedly steppign to a lighter offering for the net gen. I'm thinking the article was saying they took every possible step to get it to the lightest they could. 3800 is still heavy as shit but lighter( and more powerful sans the zl1) than all other iterations.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Looks Visceral! But 3800lbs is not track toy weight.The Ferrari FXX is a Track Toy. 2500Lbs Albeit all inclusive and Closed. The Ariel Atom is a Track Toy at 1600 Lbs. and $19,000 Cheaper. I already thought the ZL1 was overpriced. Is this the Equivalent of the Cobra (ZL1) and the Cobra R (Z/28)? $75K... That gets me a 09-10 GTR, probably a little bit faster around the track for the same weight. add another $15-20,000 and you can get a Scud with its murderous V8 Revs or a Gallardo and its V10 singing down the strip. I was never really fond of a specific brand but Ford does give a good bang for your buck when you think about it. Nice read, thank you for that.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
lol, wut?
read it again slower maybe? It's easier to accelerate than it is to get a car through a turn at the very edge of it's limits which is where you need to be to take advantage of that car. An average driver can make better use of acceleration than they can handling.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I like what they did with it, great engineering. However I still understand all the hype and nutswinging...they are building what 500? most are going to sit in a garage and never be used. Thats just a waste to me.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i think it looks sick. after reading the review seems like its a flat track monster. $75,000 is a bit much compared to the Boss 302 but i guess the carbon ceramic brakes and carbon splitters are needed.

Wonder what Ford vehicle is comparable? Boss 302 or Boss 302LS?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

I'd bet a $60k Z51 Vette will out run it, out comfort it, and pull more tail. And $15k is a lot of track day tires and a nice set of rims.
Edit. Oh and Air Condition.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
i think it looks sick. after reading the review seems like its a flat track monster. $75,000 is a bit much compared to the Boss 302 but i guess the carbon ceramic brakes and carbon splitters are needed.

Wonder what Ford vehicle is comparable? Boss 302 or Boss 302LS?

The Boss LS would be the closest thing. I'd buy a Boss S over the Chevy. If I'm going to the track I'm going to be towing the car anyway, doesn't matter that it's not street legal.

scott_0

Established Member
maybe Im in the minority, but I think the exterior is pretty sick, the interior......not so much, and I surely wouldnt pay near what theyre asking

Users who are viewing this thread