First WOT with Paxton.. crazy flutter...

Badlilstang

Established Member
I'm not sure how much flutter is expected.. I was heading to do my WOT for my data logging and wanted to get on the car some near home to make sure pipes etc were going to stay on lol. If I was going to lose a clamp I wanted it to be near home basically. Did the pull up to probably 5500 or 6k and hit 6.5lbs of boost.. lifted and holy crap I almost came out of the car.. the flutter was pretty insane and it did it until the car slowed down.. seemed to go on forever. Is this normal? Stock Paxton BOV...

5lho

Established Member
You close the throttle plate under full or high boost, yeah, it's going to go nuts blowing off the boosted air.

Badlilstang

Established Member
You close the throttle plate under full or high boost, yeah, it's going to go nuts blowing off the boosted air.

I thought that was the point of the BOV.. eventually I am going to lift under high boost lol.. scared the piss out of me.. In videos you don't hear it this loudly. Will go change my undies and do my data log.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
We're your part throttle when it was fluttering? I would think it would only flutter under part throttle, under wot or off the gas completely the sound should be steady..... Especially when off the gas completely.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I honestly dont know, hopefully some of the centri guys can chime in. Do you know if the bov is adjustable? Some bov you are able to adjust the tension on the spring inside, if it's to tight it would create the fluttering sound you describe. Imo, if you are off the throttle completely you should hear a whoosh sound and not fluttering. Then again I have never had a centri just trying to help..... Lol.

PC03GT

Established Member
I ordered mine from JPC with the block off plate for the stock location. I had similar problems with the stock one, fluttering and getting stuck open. Once I got the tial I never had the problem again

5lho

Established Member
The stock BOV did a lot of choo-choo WOT to closed plate on my Vortech setup. Especially if you leave the little filter off....

imeyers302

Established Member
I'm not sure how much flutter is expected.. I was heading to do my WOT for my data logging and wanted to get on the car some near home to make sure pipes etc were going to stay on lol. If I was going to lose a clamp I wanted it to be near home basically. Did the pull up to probably 5500 or 6k and hit 6.5lbs of boost.. lifted and holy crap I almost came out of the car.. the flutter was pretty insane and it did it until the car slowed down.. seemed to go on forever. Is this normal? Stock Paxton BOV...

That was a good idea. I was about 10 miles from home when I did my first WOT to 7500rpm. When I let off a clamp was not tight enough and one of the tubes separated. Was the loudest blow off sound I ever heard. Thought the motor blew at first. Made it home, tightened and all is well now. No flutter at all from the Procharger bypass valve. Might upgrade to their race valve in the future to make it a little louder.

GBCoyote

Established Member
The stock valve is the culprit as said before. When I installed my kit, I bought the Tial BOV prior-to and haven't had an issue since.

Badlilstang

Established Member
WOT is not a problem, part throttle can be tuned to the point the BOV starts to cause flutter. Typically around 4000-4500RPM.

Thanks Shaun. Will do what I can with this one for now and go for a tial down the road. I actually found out in the middle of the Paxton install I will be losing my job in October so that put a hold on my spendings.

Badlilstang

Established Member
The stock valve is the culprit as said before. When I installed my kit, I bought the Tial BOV prior-to and haven't had an issue since.

Man I love your car.. every time I see it lol. I have a buddy who has a Tial and I will more than likely being buying his off him a little later down the road. His still mounts in the stock location but he has none of the issues I have.. no flutter etc.

Users who are viewing this thread