First true mod (Airaid CAI) installed: track results tonight

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Hey, guys--

Just installed my first 'true' mod, an Airaid cold air intake. I have a friend who works at Murray's Auto in Florida ( http://www.murraysauto.com/home.cfm ) who hooked me up with it.

Here's the obligatory pic:
airaid.jpg

Install took maybe 30-40 minutes (I cleaned some things while in there), and was very straightforward.

We're taking the truck to the local 1/8th mile dragstrip tonight to see the benefit (if any) from this setup, plus the addition of fresh Autolite AR-103 spark plugs.

Results will be posted tomorrow.

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Looks nice. I am thinking about getting the airaid setup. I have the K&N setup along with the C&L pipe. Don't like it. Also if possible, try to move the mass air flow sensor to the top so the sampling tube is vertical. More efficient that way. Let's know how you did??

:beer:

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the track last night due to a last-minute situation that came up.

I'll hopefully get new 1/8th mile ETs next Thursday night.

alpinelightning

Established Member
when is the lightning going to be as fast as the se-r? I work with twisted200ser from the sr20 board. He tells me your lightning pulls your fast car. lol

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Yes, the Lightning is used as my daily driver and to pull the SE-R on a trailer.

The SE-R is about to get .2-.3 quicker in the 1/4 mile. I'd have to spend some bucks to get the truck as fast as the 4 cylinder. Maybe this fall, we'll see.

Thanks for asking.

-GP-

Users who are viewing this thread