first trip to track disappointing

canadiancobra

Established Member
seat time as already stated, unless you have tires dont bother launching at anything but idle like a stoplight start, just slip it out and nail it. be careful with DR as you can get wheelhop esp. in a vert. i run a DR and just slip out off idle, yes im losing .4 tenths or so but i like driving it home. i 60ft about 2.0 and run 12.2s once your rollin the DR's will hook esp. at track, you should have plenty of pull to clip high 11.9s at that mph with an off idle launch. if you drive it hard with slicks launch at 4-45 with subframes you should 60 round low 1.7s maybe high 1.6 and 11.4 or 11.5 is in store at that mph GL

I was getting some wheelhop but it was very light. the car has flsfc and rear diff cover and brace with bushings. The car should have still hooked in 2nd but as previously stated i was only doing a rolling burnout and not heating the tires as this used to work with my old fox with 4.30 gears and mt et drags and i would get a high 1.5 60ft It was the opening day at our track and they dont prep it for the street car racers on friday nights

zincslowbra

Established Member
I was getting some wheelhop but it was very light. the car has flsfc and rear diff cover and brace with bushings. The car should have still hooked in 2nd but as previously stated i was only doing a rolling burnout and not heating the tires as this used to work with my old fox with 4.30 gears and mt et drags and i would get a high 1.5 60ft It was the opening day at our track and they dont prep it for the street car racers on friday nights

i thought you said you ran street radials? if you run a set of DR and your conservative with an off idle launch you dont need to burnout. your old fox was ALOT lighter so its gonna take a different approach. my old box nova ran 11.5s all night and i never had to burnout with lil 8 inch M/T DR's. ppl def overdue the burnouts, any street radial isnt gonna get better by heating, your just gonna heat up clutch/engine, only soft compound tires for racing will be worth a cleanup spin/smokeout for launch.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Go around the water, do a lengthy burnout, and leave the lights just over idle but a little more aggressive than leaving a normal traffic light. I cut a 1.9 on 315 non-dr's, so it is all about practicing.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
make sure you turn traction control off, my very first time ever taking my car to the track I was getting pissed because the car wouldn't run right. Haha, my dumbass never turned the TC off, amazingly the car drives much better. ;-)

canadiancobra

Established Member
i thought you said you ran street radials? if you run a set of DR and your conservative with an off idle launch you dont need to burnout. your old fox was ALOT lighter so its gonna take a different approach. my old box nova ran 11.5s all night and i never had to burnout with lil 8 inch M/T DR's. ppl def overdue the burnouts, any street radial isnt gonna get better by heating, your just gonna heat up clutch/engine, only soft compound tires for racing will be worth a cleanup spin/smokeout for launch.

I was runing nitto dr 315

canadiancobra

Established Member
Go around the water, do a lengthy burnout, and leave the lights just over idle but a little more aggressive than leaving a normal traffic light. I cut a 1.9 on 315 non-dr's, so it is all about practicing.

I tried that but it did not work When i would hit 2nd i would have to feather it because the car was going sidways

Schmitty

03 10th Annie Cobra Bro!
Established Member
14psi, heat em up, 3500-4500rpm, "roll' out and hammer down! Track prep goes a long way. I avoid T&T on friday nights round here cause all the minvans and ricers are out so very lil prep. Couldn't cut a 2.1 on Nittos but on a good prep day cut consistent 1.8-1.9's with rolling out on the Nittos. Save yourself the heart ache and get ET Steets, you won't regret it!!!

silvrsnake04

hp is a hellva drug
Established Member
My best time with the same Nitto's that you have, while bringing the rpm's up and slipping the clutch resulted in a 1.73 60ft time. However I made sure that I heated them up, by doing a standing burnout.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Move up to a slick. Save your half shafts. Do you have any mods done to the irs yet?

Users who are viewing this thread