First trip to the dyno. Look good?

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Never got a baseline! :bash: Wish I would have.

Mods for power are 2.93 pulley, Steeda CAI, MRT catted H-pipe, Magnaflow CB, and an SCT tune. Stock Eaton still. According to the guys at the dyno shop, this turned out to be a strong yet safe out-of-the-box SCT tune from Apten. Still has some room to be tweaked to get a little more HP, but safe enough to beat on it and not worry about blowing up. These are SAE #'s. I'm seeing consistent 12-13 lbs of boost and I highly recommend the SCT flasher from Apten. The new Posi-grip 2.93 pulley from SFPHQ and the Gatorback belt work great together.

my%20dyno%20sheet.jpg

03KCSILVER

Established Member
Jason those are great numbers and and it help me decide which way to go. I'm with you the 2.93 right now seems like a good (safe) mod vs a couple extra HP with the 2.80. And that MRT H-pipe sounded great. Every positive report on it must be true. I know one for my car's not far away. By the way what did the guy from Nebraska with the Apten finally end up with?
Dan

BTW the way I'm really only replying to your post to get my new numbers in my sig posted :-D

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Looks good...good #'s for you combo as well.

A/F LINE is very impressive and safe.

Step it up to a 2.80 and feel the TQ in the pants...my car made 473/492 tq with a similar combo on a 2.80 upper.

rcaldwell00

Established Member
Great numbers, got to love MC and that SCT tuner. Get the Apten and you'll be laughing your a$$ off. Anyway, great numbers, wish I would have been there but my wife had a baby on Friday, so no dyno for me.....

Ryan

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by 03KCSILVER
By the way what did the guy from Nebraska with the Apten finally end up with?
Dan

Dan, I never got to see them run the F1 Pro-charged car. They were on the 13th pull w/ the Apten car when I left. They still couldn't get anything out of it. He added the Focus pumps, the Apten, a 2.80, and 94 octane(<---I think). They were dyno tuning it and were only able to get around 463HP out of it. He had the Borla Stinger cat-back and a Morpheus powerpipe CAI. They were blaming it on his particular CAI. While the car was on a cool down between pull 11 and 12, I talked to the guy that was running the dyno about the Apten and how I was having seconds thoughts about doing it now and he got in their computer and pulled up about 6 cars' dyno result they'd tuned w/ an Apten and similar mods to my car and they were all around 490-503HP. Can't believe that his particular CAI would kill 25-30HP. I just don't think putting the MAF in the fender and running the intake air through a tube that runs from the foglight area to the TB is beneficial on a dyno since the car is sitting still. On the road his car probably makes more power, but those #'s were awfully low for all the money he spent. Sad part is that Eaton he brought in w/ the "internet special/home port job" could probably make those #'s.

BTW: Your car looks great and I thought your #'s were pretty good yesterday too.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Hey Dan, what are you gonna do w/ that pulley you had in your pocket? It's not a coaster for the garage is it?

03KCSILVER

Established Member
Well for now it's a coaster. I'm still trying decide which route to go with the tune. Any sugestions? Thought about going with the Prediator (RWTD). Now thinking about AR or MC Racing doing it.
Do you get any slip w/o an idler? After awhile it gets so confussing. Kind of want to go with the stealth look and keep the guard on. But then again I thought about going with the bling bling billetflows with idlers.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Make the leap. Its not that big of a leap, but you will be glad you did. Like i said before, i will help any way i can. Go with Amazon and let them make you a tune. Rick never dissapoints.

Silver03

Established Member
You definitely could have a bit more torque with a smaller pulley. Mine put down 484 lb/ft with a 2.75 and similar mods to yours.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Nice!

Sweet #'s :thumbsup: Similar to my setup, although I still have the stock H-Pipe on. Guess thats probably responsible for the slightly higher #'s. Anyway, congrats!:beer:

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by 03KCSILVER
Well for now it's a coaster. I'm still trying decide which route to go with the tune. Any sugestions? Thought about going with the Prediator (RWTD). Now thinking about AR or MC Racing doing it.
Do you get any slip w/o an idler? After awhile it gets so confussing. Kind of want to go with the stealth look and keep the guard on. But then again I thought about going with the bling bling billetflows with idlers.

I've got a SFPHQ posi-grip 2.93 and so far no signs of slip w/o an idler. Had a lot of belt dust the first week, but it has subsided now. I hold just over 12 psi of boost throughout, so I don't think I've got any slip. Dyno sheet seems to support that theory too. I went with the SCT from Apten because their tunes seem to be about as good as you can get out of the box for Eaton 2.93 and 2.80 set-ups. I didn't want to send my flasher through the mail multiple times trying to get a good tune. I guess most Diablo vendors offer multiple free retunes for that reason. They need all those attempts to get it right. :rolling: Just kidding, I've never owned a Diablo product, just went with what seemed to be best for MY needs. I plan on sticking w/ the 2.93 for a while. If I ever(I'm sure I will) switch to a 2.80 or smaller, I'll go max on the bling.

Keep me posted,
Jason

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Silver03
You definitely could have a bit more torque with a smaller pulley. Mine put down 484 lb/ft with a 2.75 and similar mods to yours.
He should be getting more torque with what he has. I have a 2.90" upper and I was getting 457rwhp and 481rwtq before my Apten mod. His rwhp looks great, and a 2.80 will surely help with torque, but he should be getting more torque with his present mods.

Users who are viewing this thread