First Time Video Editing - Corsa Exhaust Vid Inside!!!

phfelts

Established Member
2014 GT 5.0
- Corsa Xtreme Axle-backs
- Lethal Performance Offroad X-Pipe

Hope you enjoy! Sorry I didn't record the RPMs for the rev portion.

[youtube_browser]IpMwb-NwYik[/youtube_browser]

phfelts

Established Member
Pretty good video editing for your first time. Car sounds good too. I bet it's a blast to drive now.

Thanks! And yes, you're right about it being a blast to drive. I was surprised how loud the Xtremes were on their own, but ever since I sold my cobra I had been itching for something a little more obnoxious.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I kinda like the sound better with the stock midpipe. Sounds good both ways though and I get the performance aspect of the o/r pipe. Very clean car!

phfelts

Established Member
I kinda like the sound better with the stock midpipe. Sounds good both ways though and I get the performance aspect of the o/r pipe. Very clean car!

Yeah, at first I wasn't sure, but the sound grew on me. However, if it wasn't for the performance increase, I probably would have kept it a little quieter. If I ever throw some boost at it, I might go to a high-flow cat just to keep it a little sneakier.

Jefe

Established Member
Was gonna say...that looks an awful lot like Tucson haha. Friend of mine lives off Javelina. Pretty sure Ive been seeing you around the east/north side a lot. Car looks good!

A few years ago there were some teenagers recording their buddy doing 80 through there in a Lincoln trying to get air born over those dips. I was driving through there and the car came within a foot of swiping me.

phfelts

Established Member
Was gonna say...that looks an awful lot like Tucson haha. Friend of mine lives off Javelina. Pretty sure Ive been seeing you around the east/north side a lot. Car looks good!

A few years ago there were some teenagers recording their buddy doing 80 through there in a Lincoln trying to get air born over those dips. I was driving through there and the car came within a foot of swiping me.

Haha, yeah I think I know the dips you're talking about. And yeah, I live on the Northeast side of town. Thanks man!

Thehubster

Established Member
wow that sounds really good. I notice that it sounds a lot like the borla stingers on an 04 Mach 1 at idle. almost choppy. I wonder what about the motors in mustangs causes this? it reminds me of the sound of a Subaru WRX.

phfelts

Established Member
wow that sounds really good. I notice that it sounds a lot like the borla stingers on an 04 Mach 1 at idle. almost choppy. I wonder what about the motors in mustangs causes this? it reminds me of the sound of a Subaru WRX.

I couldn't say. I've always liked the sound of Borlas, but I don't care for the massive exhaust tips they used on their kits for these cars.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Thanks

I thought the same exact thing when I still had my cobra. I liked the Bassani cat-back that I had, but then I heard some Corsas on a GT500 and fell in love!

I have a set of Corsas (those new ones with the black diamond tips) on my car. They're actually quieter than the stock mufflers from inside the car. At idle, the engine pulses seem more distinct from outside. It's hard to describe, but it's kind of like listening to the exhaust in matrix surround. It doesn't sound better, it just sounds different. My wife said she could tell a difference [from inside the house] when I started the car after I installed them. I can't speak to any performance gains. I don't track the car, and my butt dyno says there's zero difference. I do appreciate the quieter cabin, though, and they sure do look good! So that's something.

phfelts

Established Member
I have a set of Corsas (those new ones with the black diamond tips) on my car. They're actually quieter than the stock mufflers from inside the car. At idle, the engine pulses seem more distinct from outside. It's hard to describe, but it's kind of like listening to the exhaust in matrix surround. It doesn't sound better, it just sounds different. My wife said she could tell a difference [from inside the house] when I started the car after I installed them. I can't speak to any performance gains. I don't track the car, and my butt dyno says there's zero difference. I do appreciate the quieter cabin, though, and they sure do look good! So that's something.

I'd be curious to hear the sports vs the xtremes side by side. Later down the road if I decide to do a GT500 rear valence with the quad tips, I may decide to go with a quieter muffler.

Users who are viewing this thread