First Time to Run 1/4 Mile

rustang1

Established Member
Me and a buddy decided to drive 100 miles to run the 1/4 mile instead of 1/8th.
This was my first time to run the 1/4.
Track was not hooking good. I blew the tires the first run.
Second run I went about half throttle then hit full throttle after I was moving.

Stock motor
Whipple front feed-10psi
oval TB
BAP
offroad xpipe-gt500's
3c
28'' ET street SS
93 octane with lucas
front swaybar removed
poly lower control arms
3850lbs

rustang1

Established Member
cf999dd9f59bf57a384bfdf67de2d94e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
got damn.

thats a 9 sec car with some track prep... mph is STRONG.

only 10 psi? very nice.

bunits19714

Established Member
Very nice- whom is doing the tuning? with a better 60- which you will get with better track prep your car will go high 9.80's - don't be afraid to drop the tire pressure to 13-13.5 if the track is shit- (as long as your running a 10" wheel) I had to because my local track has had shit prep the last month they were open.

rustang1

Established Member
AED tuned. Not 100% dialed in yet. Got another revision today after I logged run at track.
I have been 1.49 60ft before. I will have to do some suspension work before I get any 1.3's

First thing I need to do is put brakes on. I had to use ALL the shutdown area to get slowed down. lol

bunits19714

Established Member
^^^^ dam how many miles do your current brakes have on them?- I always tak the 2nd turn off on my home track to save on brake dust and wear and tear- but about 2 months ago I ran at another track which actually host nhra national events and I was shocked on how short the shut down area was- had plenty of room but just had to apply the brakes
harder than normal.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thats a pretty impressive time slip. MPH is definitely getting it done on the big end. Is the car tuned on the Lucas additive or did you just add it for insurance?

rustang1

Established Member
Brakes are stock with 49k miles.

Lucas is for safety but I tuned with it. Shaun said my tune is about what he would tune for 91oct on his dyno so evidently my Exon has low quality fuel.
He said there was a little more in it if I wanted but would need to mix race gas at the track so I decided to not push it any further.

Users who are viewing this thread