First time owning a terminator

Wonder

Established Member
hello everybody, so I have just bought a 2003 zinc yellow terminator and this is my first time owning a terminator cobra my goal with this car for now is to try to push for 450whp to 500whp any recommendation on how I can accomplish that goal? And also any helpful tips I should know about owning this beautiful gem?

My setup that I have in mind right now is
• Griptec Pulley 2.76
• JLT CAI
• MGW Short Shifter
• R888R toyo tires

Any tips?

Wonder

Established Member
hello everybody, so I have just bought a 2003 zinc yellow terminator and this is my first time owning a terminator cobra my goal with this car for now is to try to push for 450whp to 500whp any recommendation on how I can accomplish that goal? And also any helpful tips I should know about owning this beautiful gem?

My setup that I have in mind right now is
• Griptec Pulley 2.76
• JLT CAI
• MGW Short Shifter
• R888R toyo tires

Any tips?

01yellercobra

Established Member
According to your other thread you have a VMP 2.3, cams, and are on E85. You should be close to, if not over, 600hp.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Damn. My bad. I thought you posted a different thread as well. I was bouncing through threads too fast.

I'm guessing you have a stock vehicle now. If 500 is the goal and that's where you'll stay then I would suggest a ported blower, 60lb injectors, MAF, and fuel pumps. The stock blower can get you to 450 without a port. I was around that for a few years and had a lot of fun with it.

However, if you have an inclination of wanting more than 500 in the future save your pennies for at least a 2.3 blower and supporting mods.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty much ditto to what @01yellercobra said. I had two setups with my old '03 Cobra. First setup was 2.90 upper pulley, 4-piece billet idler set, Accufab throttle body and tune. Stock fuel system. I made 455whp and 480wtq. I loved that setup. The second setup was a change to a 2.80 upper, upgraded pumps, and a ported Eaton. The made 504whp and 490wtq. I know that's a 50whp improvement, but I didn't "feel" it at all. Which is why I would recommend you do a similar setup as my first. It's not 600whp, but it was a ton of fun.

LS WUT

Established Member
I guess to allow us to spend your money, tell us your budget to achieve the goal. That will allow us to help guide you in the right direction. A lot of us have built our cars with stock blowers, and then upgraded blowers.

kreymis

Established Member
I have a steg stage 7 port sitting in a box in closet. Haven’t listed it yet. In great condition if you’re interested. That’ll get you to 500

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Welcome to the club! Things I did when I first bought my car in 2015 are below. It helped me to get over 500 at the tire.

Ported blower (I had a stiegemeier stage 5), Dragon throttle body, Dragon intake plenum, Metco 2.76 upper, Metco 4lbs lower, JLT RAI, Bassani offroad X pipe, Bassani catback, AFCO heat exchanger, and JLT catch can.

Wonder

Established Member
I guess to allow us to spend your money, tell us your budget to achieve the goal. That will allow us to help guide you in the right direction. A lot of us have built our cars with stock blowers, and then upgraded blowers.
well I guess my budget is like 2k-5k around that

dwest731

Established Member
Mine makes 427 hp 485 trq with a 2.7 blower pulley, 5 piece metco idler kit, cold air intake and tune. That’s on the stock blower. I’d say that’s about midway of your budget

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
You have two threads with the same title. This one is getting more traction...here is what I posted on your other one.

"Dragon TB, Ported Dragon plenum, Ported blower Steggy Stage 7 (done in 2020), 2.76 upper, exhaust, JLT intake got me to 500w on 93."

Wonder

Established Member
Well I ask because if it’s anywhere over $1k he might as well buy a used 2.3 for about $1k more.
True but I wanted to get used to the car and know how to drive it and about a year I was thinking of throwing a whipple on the car

Wonder

Established Member
Thank you for the feedback I’m going to start buying some stuff and I’ll let you guys know what I’ve bought :)

Users who are viewing this thread