First time at the track with the auto

cobra2547

Established Member
First time at the track with the auto *video added*

Finally got to go to the track with the auto. Details on the car 98 cobra built motor d1sc 15 lbs full interior fr500 all around with 335/35/17 hoosiers. Didn't use the trans brake or lock up just foot braked it off the line. I don't have a cage so I knew my night was limited. Ran a few easy runs first

run #1 on the brakes
oops glad they
didn't boot me

run #2 on the brakes

run #3 on the brakes hot lap
Run #4 ran all out and got booted

Overall I am happy considering it has plenty left in it with the transbrake 2 step and some bigs and littles it should go good. I thought I would have a little more mph though lock up will help that.

VIDEO ADDED
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR84NFn4BC4"]YouTube- MOV02792.MPG[/nomedia]

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
auto :( sounds like a fast car though... nice times!

yea ok

anyways.....good job man! Im guessing your happy with it? with a sticky tire and the trans brake it'll deff pick up a tenth or 2. slap the Cobra jet wheels on it.....

Ironhand

Banned
Your new here you'll learn quick that Jakes Cobra is the only Eaton without squeeze in the 9's and he runs an AUTO!!

+1. While several are close or have been close he is the only one that Im aware of.

haha...thanks bud

This is Jake^^.. Yes the car really is a BADASS03SVT! :rockon::beer:

EDIT: Jake you need to change what it says under your name.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
+1. While several are close or have been close he is the only one that Im aware of.

This is Jake^^.. Yes the car really is a BADASS03SVT! :rockon::beer:

thanks man.....several? I only know of iBiTe03?

cobra2547

Established Member
I am happy I know it has more in it. Time to do some safety equipment now and get a two step and thinking of upping the boost a bit more. I want to try to use the hoosiers as long as I can I just like the fact of driving it there and back with just airing down and up and I'm gone. Traction was not an issue but I was only able to powerbrake it to 2000 rpms next time we will see how they like the transbrake. My guess is not too much.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
auto :( sounds like a fast car though... nice times!

auto is the only way to go if you want to have some serious and consistent e.t.'s

OP great job in total street trim, although i don't know why the mph on the big end is off in comparison to your 1/8 mph. 106 in the 1/8 you should've been well into the 130's in the 1/4 unless you were on the brakes in the end of that run. and you're nuts if you think a street tire is going to hold up to a transbreak launch lol. good luck your next time out though, thats a very fast car you have there.

cobra2547

Established Member
auto is the only way to go if you want to have some serious and consistent e.t.'s

OP great job in total street trim, although i don't know why the mph on the big end is off in comparison to your 1/8 mph. 106 in the 1/8 you should've been well into the 130's in the 1/4 unless you were on the brakes in the end of that run. and you're nuts if you think a street tire is going to hold up to a transbreak launch lol. good luck your next time out though, thats a very fast car you have there.

I really thought my mph on the big end was off too. When I had a stick in it it usually picked up 30 mph on the big end. I know the tune is set up really safe maybe it hurt since its in top gear so long also I didn't lock the converter which would have helped since the converter is pretty loose.

Last edited:

cobra2547

Established Member
yea ok

anyways.....good job man! Im guessing your happy with it? with a sticky tire and the trans brake it'll deff pick up a tenth or 2. slap the Cobra jet wheels on it.....

I can't imagine trying to run a 30 inch tire. I only have 3.73 in the rear talk about killing my gearing lol

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I really thought my mph on the big end was off too. When I had a stick in it it usually picked up 30 mph on the big end. I know the tune is set up really safe maybe it hurt since its in top gear so long also I didn't lock the converter which would have helped since the converter is pretty loose.

yea my car with the 4r picked up 26-28 out the back but w/ the c4 I only get 24-25.

does the car pull timing when it gets hot?

cobra2547

Established Member
yea my car with the 4r picked up 26-28 out the back but w/ the c4 I only get 24-25.

does the car pull timing when it gets hot?

To be honest I am not sure I didn't datalog anything. My next step is getting all the safety stuff done so I can make more than one pass at a time without getting booted.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
To be honest I am not sure I didn't datalog anything. My next step is getting all the safety stuff done so I can make more than one pass at a time without getting booted.

do you have anything? haha

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
As of now I only have a driveshaft loop, sfi flywheel and fire jacket. Planning on a 6 pt roll bar with belts and c-clip eliminators anything else I need?

for 10s....yeap...they will want

trans shield or blanket
flexplate shield
sfi balancer

and Ill tell you right now, no such thing as a flexplate shield for a 4r70w so your going to have to "make one up" and always remember what to say...lol

Users who are viewing this thread