First time at the track on the pulley/tune.

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
First (and best) pass was 7.98 @ 92mph with a 1.9 60 foot. Car felt really good and surprisingly enough, it hooked on the nt05's. had them aired down to 30lbs and road the clutch out and the only spin i got was just a little bit of wheel hop from 2nd to 3rd. after that I aired them down to 25 and it only got worse. I went 8.9 not able to control the spin cause i left little hard, then 8.5, same issue, then 8.4, followed by 8.3 @ 92. still managed a 1.9 60 foot on the last two passes. I was real surprised by the street tires. Gotta get the right cable and quadrant on er and get the clutch adjusted properly so it'll stop slipping like hell, and I'm gonna invest in slicks and go back at it! Also would like to do the ftbr kit and see how much that helps out.

TqMnster

Established Member
What size pulley? I was hoping for some solid sevens being that I ran a 7.6 in my 03 z06. It was stock minus a cat back as far as I know. I was hopping pretty bad as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
2.76. I know this car will go 7.60's, maybe even better. Im just gonna have to get a better tire setup. I cant leave hard at all and even when i tried to baby it off the line the last few runs, it would come off good and as i would roll into it it would start spinnin.

TqMnster

Established Member
Good to hear it's just traction issues. Haven't done much research into track times. Was hoping to get a few 1/8 mile runs in here soon to get it out of my system lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
ur in the right range for the first few passes. The first 2 weeks I had mine at the track it stayed in 8.2-8.6 area. its all driving skill for anything in the 7's.

SvTDsG

Unported!
Established Member
Congrats man! Get your self some slicks! I went 7.3x's multiple time's with the IRS still in my car just takes seat time on the new set up!

Users who are viewing this thread