First time at the track in 7yrs...

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
We went to our local strip last weekend to watch, dad and my cousin Buzz offered to pony up half my entry fee if I wanted to make some passes....First off - I'm a rookie at best - I suck....This was my 4th time at the strip....First with this car...:loser:....I made 3 passes.

http://www.nsdra.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=49

14.91 @ 98.58mph (almost stalled it off the line - my worn nitto's are stickier than I thought) TC off....I was 1/2 sideways in 2nd gear too.

14.38 @ 99.78mph with TC on and in the right lane this time.

14.406 @ 99.58mph, same lane and TC on as the 2nd run.

Had a good time, the car worked good and made the 200 mile round trip on 1/2 a tank of fuel with lots of beef inside....LOL....I was going through the traps in 3rd gear, still have the lazy stock gearing. After some talking Buzz and I decided to build a low budget sportsman/pro class car for next summer....I have a deal made for a 1992 Hatchback which will be powered with the 32V/4R70W from the 95 Lincoln sitting in my driveway....Should be fun to build and torture.:rockon:...If it works good we will make some upgrades as money allows....This way all eye's will be off my 01 and his 69 Mach 1....I like the car the way it is so I want to leave it alone.

Jaysin

Established Member
Stock times were around 13.5, not sure what trap speed, prob around 100-102 range? It takes a lot of practice for sure, but it's a blast! Love going to the track, I had horrible times for the mods I have done to mine, have some new wheels with drag radials coming, and I've had more seat time so I plan on going back soon.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Are you in a high altitude? those traps and times are a bit slow? Yup about 13.50 stock but guys have got them a LOT lower than that with just sticky tires and a gear!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice job dude. Practice makes perfect so get back out there!

BigRigTech

Blue blooded
Established Member
Are you in a high altitude? those traps and times are a bit slow? Yup about 13.50 stock but guys have got them a LOT lower than that with just sticky tires and a gear!

Sea level basically, maybe a couple hundred feet above it at most. My car has 108,000 miles so she's far from new and the HP is probably down some.

Users who are viewing this thread