First time at the strip!

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
After reading the stickies I went to a test & tune at the local dragstip last night. It was kind of a last-minute thing so I didn't get to air down my tires or ice the intake between runs, but I'm still pretty pleased for my first time out.

cobraatdragstrip.jpg

I did keep the hood open between runs, with the hot air blowing through the vents to try and keep things as cool as possible. My first run was really good...I had a 2.0 60' time, but I shut down at 1,000 feet. :rollseyes Still beat the six-banger next to me, though. :lol1: I only got two runs but here's the better (2nd) run:

Reaction ....+ .1693
60 ft ......... 2.1795
330 ft ....... 5.9648
1/8 ET ...... 9.0653
1/8 MPH .... 78.69
1000' ET .... 11.7580
1/4 ET ....... 14.0177
1/4 MPH ..... 99.61 :cuss: So close!

Next week I'm going back with some ice and I'm going to air my tires down. :dancenana:

Chirp5957

Established Member
thats pretty good! if the pullys in your sig are the only mod you have then i'd be pretty excited!

ive seen lots of other mustangs with bolt on power only get 14.0

what kind of tires do you run?

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
what kind of tires do you run?

Dry rotted stockers. :-D

I was pretty excited! I was expecting 14.5s my first time out. I can smell 13's with a little work. A K&N and a short shifter were next on the list anyways so if I can cut 2.0s in the 60' consistently I'll be joining the 100 MPH club soon.

V8 rumble

Established Member
Are you still in the Cleveland area? What strip did you go to, I'm not too far from that area and would like to give it a shot before the summer is done.

Last edited:

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thinking about going back tomorrow, going to do an oil change and fuel filter change if I do. Just a couple questions:

1) I wasn't joking when I said that the dry-rotted OG tires looked like crap. There's some cracking where the sidewall meets the tread. Would it be a terrible idea to air these down to 25 PSI? I'm planning on new tires before springtime but I want to get a few more runs in.

2) Is it worth it to throw a K&N on since I'm doing an oil change anyway? It seems like every positive dyno/strip test is debunked by a negative one. K&N users, how bad do they gum up your MAF?

Users who are viewing this thread